The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Direct Mail for Kid Show Markets? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I've been targeting them for years. Bev Bergeron (and others, I'm sure) had an act built around golf that he sold to golf courses. Lots of magicians have marketed to them, and it IS a good idea.

But, Clive, as for the free golf: isn't that exactly what you guys said Brits are to polite to do? You felt it was bad form and impolite to ask for a reference, but asking for free golf is okay? I am not saying this in a sarcastic or condemning way, just asking for clarification.
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
There is a difference, it's not a case of thank you very much, I enjoyed performing for you, how about a free round?

I don't turn up perform, grab my cash and run, I talk to the booker as well, both before and after the show, the fact that I play golf will come up in conversation, and if they seem friendly enough then cheekily dropping a friendly hint about getting a free round is OK. It has nothing to do with the magic show or my business, just my pleasure. It all depends on how friendly they are as to whether I'd ask or not. As it it we've only done it with courses we've done for years.

Kyle we'll do some research 1st, go and play the courses and see which ones have functions for the members kids, and more importantly which ones we actuall want to get a round on. Then we'll work out what to do, split them down the middle and each target half the clubs.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Sounds great Clive. Keep us posted on how well you and Billy do with that. It would be interesting to see and learn how you guys do with this new market you are targeting.

Any ideas yes as to how you and billy will make first contact with these potential clients? Direct marketing or latter as opposed to doing it in person?

Not meant to be sarcastic, I just am curious as to your approach so I can also learn here as well.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
As I said /kyle the initial approach will be a personal visit, and playing the course, if we don't like the course we wont market to that club, after all this isn't about earning money for the business, this is more about playing golf for free. We pay about £500 a year for our membership to our club, to play other courses around here costs anything from £10 to £60+, the most expensive being the nicklaus course at St mellion. we're not to bothered about the cheaper courses just the more expensive ones.

If we can play these for free, and earn a fee for the show as well it will be great, as I already get enough ear ache off the boss for spending too much money on my golf, she thinks I should spend the money on feeding the kids.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Hi Starpower, I'm moving to Spain because of my wifes ill health. She has multiple schlerosis, and a hotter country is much better for her than it is here during the winter. Nothing to do with the work. Although, when we move, we plan to buy outright, and have no motgage, so I'm hoping to do a lot less shows and play even more golf than ever.
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
In NYC you have to market to be seen and have to advertise both where your competition is and isn't that means approximately $600 to a $1,000 a month in ads alone. say what you will about David Kaye. I don't think he will care. Not since Jeremy Sage has a performer been so well known in NYC. He works hard is well known and must be doing something right as the kids who see him usually see him at least 8 times before they are twelve if they have seen him once. Word has it that he grosses over a hundred grand a year and he"never" stops promoting and advertising. What is more he has given a lot back to the fraternity by his articles in the magazines.

Julian Kestrel
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I wish you the best of luck in Spain Billy. Let us know how things go over there for you.

In my market near Philadelphia, we are just overloaded with magicians and entertainers. There are well over 125+ magicians just in the local magic club alone and this does not include other entertainers. So it is a very well saturated market. This is one reason why I must market myself year after year and stay consistent in my relationships with past clients.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Direct Mail for Kid Show Markets? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL