The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Janus check up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Hello guys!

The Janus Pads was sent out some time ago, and should've arrived by now. People have been asking about it, and quite frankly I just want to know if our deliveries have reached you guys. Please let me know!

Sincerely,
Daniel
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
Glenn
View Profile
New user
Seaford, Sussex, UK
80 Posts

Profile of Glenn
Received mine about a week ago.

Love it.

Really clever and simple.

Easy, clean glimpse.

Glenn
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
It got here today. And it's very, very good. The peek is quick and effortless, and the handling is beyond reproach. Big thumbs up.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
ASTROMIND
View Profile
New user
France
33 Posts

Profile of ASTROMIND
Received mine mine yesterday.

Very clever pad but still love Shrink pad.
I will use both of them.
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
Received mine in NYC a couple of days ago. It's a very elegant and almost foolproof solution to the age old problem.

Daniel-Congrats on a great and clever creation.
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Don't congratulate me, Im just the co-owner of Mentalism Plus. The guy who created the pad is none other than Andrew "Mesaboogie" Edmonds. It is a great pad isn't it? truly practical in my opinion.

Sincerely,
Daniel Young

ps. We thought about calling it the Boogie Pad, but we came to our senses Smile We still call it that in private though. ds.
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
To this day, I still think we should have gone with 'Boogie Pad' Smile
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Just out of curiosity why did you call it the Janus pad?
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...And is that 'Janus' as in, er, well just drop the 'J' - or 'Janus' as in 'JANuary'...

What's wrong with the 'Edmonds Pad'?

Dr Zordas
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
"Janus is the Roman god of gates and doors, beginnings and endings, and hence represented with a double-faced head, each looking in opposite directions"

Seemed appropriate.

Andrew

ps
It's 'Janus' as in 'JANuary'
TheMindReader.co.uk

shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Could've been worse "brillo pad"....

I see the meaning Janus now..
DYL
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
73 Posts

Profile of DYL
A question concerning the Janus pad.

Is it quite fiddly to use, or is it pretty straight forward to get the result?
I ask, as I only have the use of one arm, so like to roughly gauge certain effects before making a purchase.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2004-12-17 04:51, Mesaboogie wrote:

To this day, I still think we should have gone with 'Boogie Pad' Smile

I agree. Heck, I'd have bought two!
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
ChristopherWallace
View Profile
New user
DGAF
49 Posts

Profile of ChristopherWallace
I received mine long time ago, but I was just wondering why not so many people are talking about it? You disappointed or something? I thought it was great. When I went to check mentalism plus' forum I noticed something in the ad for The Janus Pad... a few very interesting quotes.

"The Janus Pad is fantastic. I instantly saw uses for it in my own work. I highly recommend it for those looking to add a real time, sure fire, easy to use, undetectable impression pad. Get one before it fools you!"
Luke Jermay

"The Janus Pad is a welcome new addition to the family of props which make it possible to sneakily obtain written thoughts. I don't think any mentalist could fail to be impressed by the thinking that has gone into the Pad's design. It combines an old principle with several ingenious refinements which make it highly deceptive in the right hands. I suspect it won't replace the Sight Unseen Case in my affections, but if you prefer the 'pocket notepad' type of prop, the Janus is the most ingenious one I've seen in a long while."
Ian Rowland

"The peek itself is creative genius and Andrew is to be heartily congratulated for his thinking! Highly recommended indeed"
Richard Busch

Also noticed another thing on wonder wizards website, which sort of ties in with what I wrote just now. Apparently he has bought(I think) the Cerebro off Mentalism Plus. Weird.

Anyway, I just wanna know what other people think about the pad. Maybe share some experiences and clever subtleties.

-Chris
"The reason God gave us fingers is so we could hold a razor"
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Hi!

just wanted to clarify, Kenton has not bought anything, he's got distribution rights in the states that's all.

I hope everyone is satisfied with the pad. And that you all got it in the end, Xmas is a bad season for sending stuff.

//Daniel Young
brainman
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of brainman
I got mine - but I do not use it anymore - as a spectator did not handle the pad as I wanted it...so the secret(s) were too obvious....and the miracle blasted.
T
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Well, I feel sorry for you, because you're really missing out on something great. But to each his own. I personally have NEVER had a single problem that you describe, and since the invention of this baby, I've gone through 5 pads already. Im not saying you're doing anything wrong, all Im saying is that I've never encountered this problem. Anybody else out there encountered this problem?

//Daniel
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
Spectator management is important in most effects and important here, though there really isn't a lot to it. I'm very curious as to what you mean by "the spectator didn't handle the pad as I wanted", please pm or email me, I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

That said, we all encounter bad spectators from time to time but that doesn't warrant dropping a good method because of that one time you get blown. I remember a time when, though I clearly drew a line for a name to be written, a particpant drew elsewhere on my business card, making my SUC peek impossible. However, 500 successes to one failure didn't warrant dropping the SUC, it is an ingenious device.
TheMindReader.co.uk

Gordon Fisher
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
193 Posts

Profile of Gordon Fisher
One thing regarding the janus pad that bothers me is if you put too many pages above the gimmick then te impression is faint, if you only have one sheet above when they rip out the page to pocket it the spec can see through sheet and the dark patch underneath
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
As mentioned in the notes, 2 pages is totally sufficent to get a clear impression and avoid the problem with the "dark area".

Andrew
TheMindReader.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Janus check up (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL