The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Janus check up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
brainman
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of brainman
Let`s say it this way: The pad was too attractive to this mentioned spectator...got it?
Best,
T

Does anyone know if the "J. Riggs principle" was also build in a "normal looking pad"..Yes I own skeeter and brown h.
Thanx
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
507 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
What do you mean a normal looking pad??

The pad that comes in the Janus package looks like every other pad I have seen (wait...it is every other pad I have seen!!). If the pad doesn't suit your area then change the pad, it's not rocket science.

I have used my janus to the full (note to self: stop, read last sentance again and check for embarassing spelling mistakes...ok, phew) not only that I have never been caught and I am now on my 2nd pad. There are a number of factors that you have on your side. the first is that it is a normal pad. the second is that they handle the pad for just a few seconds while they draw and then you have it again. I'm serious here I think you mentalists get so caught up with comparing that you lose the whole plot. Think about how this stuff appears to the laymen, I haven't been questioned about the pad by either of the groups I perform for (a: those who belive I use suggestion b: those who know I use trickery).

I think a lot of performers out there ned to stop and analyse exactly what it is they're doing that makes a spectator want to grab the pad and look for the secret.

Plus.....stop being so bloody picky all the time.

Curt.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of brainman
By "normal looking pad" I meant a normal looking pad...Janus included.BUT I referred to the Riggs technique of getting an imp.(skeeter, or BH).
picky enough?
T
nichols_me
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of nichols_me
Well I loved it, even though, firts time I tried it on my gf, I haddent paid attention to the pad before habd, and the dark blue bit has become unstuck and fell into he hand as she drew

gutted, but at least is was just a trail run

mark
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
As the other post has just been locked I thought I would add my final post from it here:

In response to the following:
Quote:
Paradise Wrote:
Bakc on track can I ask why you decide to change from the ia pad and is it so much better?

OK to answer the question although it has been answered - the IA is difficult to see the impression due to some angle issues. The Janus has one of the best and most natural peeks, and add in the other bits it makes it a very subtle tool that looks totally natural to use.

My criteria with everything I use is for it to be natural. Some things with the IA don't meet that criteria.

Out of 10 points (for my personal uses and it may not suit yours remember) I would give the following:

IA - 7/10
Janus - 9/10
playzure
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of playzure
I'm selling my Janus pad in the tricks and effects for sale section. This is your chance to get one for a little cheaper than retail.
Gordon Fisher
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
193 Posts

Profile of Gordon Fisher
Why are you selling it?
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
I could sell my original and the manuscript and keep making my own afterwards....but I WON'T!...NEVER! The inventors deserve the money for a job well done.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
playzure
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of playzure
Because I prefer non-impression methods. it is good but not for me
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
Does anyone out there know of a brand of "impression" paper that has some colour
other than black or blue on the back?

I have one type called Armor isostil that has quite a lot of gold printing.
Now if it was all gold or better still all white, it would solve at least
one problem.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Quote:
On 2005-01-23 15:03, playzure wrote:
Because I prefer non-impression methods. it is good but not for me

Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but in that case why did you buy an imp pad?
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
You can get white carbon paper from big arts and crafts/hobby shops.like fred aldous.its used by hobbiests into glass etching.took me ages of research but viola.years ago it was common now go into a stationary shop youd be lucky to get the blue stuff.good for mentalism though as its not in peoples mind anymore thanks copiers.
chuckdiny
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of chuckdiny
Checked out a picture of the pad on centertear.com what is the deal with that band arround the pad? Is it nesc. to do tyhe effect. It looks like one of those anklets worn in the 90's. I've never seen one on a note pad before- just currious I ain't payin' 75 bucks if I have to use it with that thing on it. - Chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Janus check up (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL