The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Burning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yfirum
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Yfirum
Hi folks.
I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section. If not, please move it to the right one.

Please note that I'm not looking for (too) explicit solutions to my problem, I'm looking for a good hint.

the starting position is as follows:
I have a signed hanky and I want to vanish it in a spectacular way, e.g. burning it.
But: I want it to reappear so I can't burn the hanky for real (you would'nt have guessed, right?) AND because of what follows after I have to get the hanky into a TT.

Any suggestions or hints?

thanks a lot
yfirum
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
949 Posts

Profile of Riley
How about a paper cone made from flash paper, using a TT inside the cone?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are a couple of things that come to mind. First off, you might want to check with your local fire laws. I don't know how things are in Switzerland, but in many parts of the US, Germany, etc., fire is absolutely forbidden.

This said, using a standard TT vanish, with a piece of flash paper BEHIND the TT, so that when you pick it up, just a tiny bit of the flash paper is protruding from your fist, you could touch it with a match or cigarette and the flash paper would ignite.

BTW, you can dye flash paper with a felt tip marker. Use one with acetone or solvent based ink, so it doesn't kill the flash paper.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Yfirum
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Yfirum
Thanks so far for your advise.

I already thought about using a standart vanish.
As far as my presentation is concerned I'm aiming at a "voodoo" like style.
Because of this fact I'd like a "slower" vanish, where I may put the silk e.g. in a pot and then burn it.
(Of course I could do a standart vanish and then "put" the silk in the pot, but I'm sure there's a more elegant way)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22899 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Elegant and voodoo, they don't go together. Just wrap the silk in tissue paper and switch the paper for flash paper. Signed silk? Kind of expensive to present each time.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Oh, I don't know that elegant and voodoo don't go together. Look at Miss Cleo. On second thought....
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Yfirum
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Yfirum
I think you misinterpreted me (or I used the wrong word, I'm actually not a native speaker)
With "elegant" I meant the technique used to vanish the silk not the "look".
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I understood you. I was just having a bit of fun at Hegbli's expense.

Do you remember the silk vanish that used a plastic canister and a wand? Sometimes a pen was substituted for the wand, but I think you know the one I am referring to. If you had something like that built into your pot, you could have it pop a piece of dyed flash paper up to replace the silk, once the steal had been done. As far as that is concerned, there may not be a need for the silk to still be sticking out of the device.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Burning (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL