The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A New Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
There seems to be too conflicting thoughts. the first is that it trivalizes magic by making it seem everyday and mundane.

I say BS.

If you think, for a second, that people will not go home talking about the described trick, if presented correctly, then you havent been doing magic long.

I would buy the deck, switch it for the brainwave or id (more on id in a sec) and then turn to my friend and say something like, " you were asking me what I used to win the US slieght of hand competion. Let me show you"

Now people should be interested.

ask her to think of a card, unrap the "new" pack, and show there is a reveresd card. show its the right one. BAM.

as far as the ID goes, I think its worth the risk to take a chance with people not noticing that the cards arnt in new card order.

theyll be focusing on the face down card, and I don't think itll matter.

but if its an issue, use a brainwave.

that was a good suggestion.

Showing a trick to a friend but asking a stranger to help is a good ploy. Does it trivalize magic? not if your good...
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A New Idea (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL