The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Epic Vs. Mentalist Prediction Board (clear version) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I was considering to purchase a large Dry Erase Version of Mental Epic, but another magician suggested that I look into a new (?) Mentalist Prediction Board that is out on the market.

Can anyone provide me with more information on this product?

I understand that the board is clear (see-thru) and that there are three bull-dog type clips along the top of the board to "clip" the spectator's "thoughts" or image.

The spectator thinks of a number or an image of some thing (ie. house) and draws it on an 8" by 10" piece of white paper, then folds his/her paper in half to conceal his/her thought. I believe this can be repeated two more times, with each folded paper clipped onto the board for all to see. Without any "funny business" or suspicious moves, the mentalist then goes on to tell the audience what the spectaor(s) had written down or drwn onto the piece of paper. He then proceeds to unclip and open each paper in succession, proving that he has correctly predicted what the spectator(s) had in mind.

Please tell me where I can find this trick (ie. a dealer) and if you know this product to be as good or better than th eMental Epic in terms of impact and effect.

If you can refer me to an appropirate web link, this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2004-12-21 12:19, jlevey wrote:
I was considering to purchase a large Dry Erase Version of Mental Epic, but another magician suggested that I look into a new (?) Mentalist Prediction Board that is out on the market.

Can anyone provide me with more information on this product?

Are you possibly referring to Quad Forecast?
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
...possibly... Do you have a link to suggest where I can view this effect?

Is Quad Forecast done with a transparent board and three (or four) bulldog clips at the top edge of the board to hold the folded papers?

Do you own and perform this effect?

If so, how does it "play" and how would you compare its impact with that of Mental Epic?

I believe that Mental Epic might arouse more suspicion in the audience since the "predictions" are covered with small square pieces of cardboard. I would be interested in the opinions of others in this regard.
Jonathan
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Never had that problem.
Been doing Mental Epic a long time. It always hits big.

Steve

Oh, and I use the hoary old classic blackboard version.
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks for the feedback on Mental Epic Dr. Midnight. Have you seen the newer Dry Erase version of Mental Epic? I suppose this might cause a glow or reflection effect if under hot sdtagel lights and make it more difficult for spectators in the back of the audience to see.

What size Blackboard do you use --the standard size or a larger version for stage?

What dealer might you suggest as being a good dealer to purchase the blackboard version from?

I've found "dry Erase Boards" at the links below(and at varied prices), any opinions on these boards and the dealers that sell them? ?

Ronjo's site ($99):

http://www.ronjo.com/Merchant2/merchant.......=M002227

And at Whit Haydon's site ($350), scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

Click Here!
Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Epic Vs. Mentalist Prediction Board (clear version) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL