We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Knucklebusters vol 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of kakronen
I saw the contents but does anyone have any descriptions from Knucklebusters Vol 3?
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Hello
I know the guy who came up with the tricks in Vol3 of Knuckle Busters. I'll ask... Ok I'm back, here is what he says.

International fantasy:
A spectator selects a card, then places it back in the deck in a random spot. After failing to find the card you offer to show a coin trick instead.A card shown not to be the spectator's card is set on the table. You produce three different coins from three different countries. One at a time the coins vanish, only to reappear underneath the card one at a time impossibly. As a kicker you tell the spectator that the card they selected is a wild card and turn it over, revealing their card.

International Disolve:
Three coins from three different countries vanish one at a time by the wave of a card, then all three coins appear under the card at the same time. The coins are picked up and revanished one at a time without the wave of a card. Heck, you never even come near the card, yet all three coins appear under the card in a very magical way.

International Hanging Coins
Absolutely one of my favorites; you will have to buy it to find out why. This is so visual and the eye candy crushes people.

I hope this helps. I use these routines regularly and get great reactions from them.
I apologize for not getting back to you on this question. I have been very busy. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
What coins/gimmick coins are required for these routines?
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Andy,

While Reed's not here, let's peek into the little coin wallet he uses to keep all the coins used in "Knucklebusters vol.3" SHHHH...

...let's see, one silver, one copper, a brass "chinese" coin, all the same size. A C/S gaff, and a "secret something" that's explained in the manuscript, and will plunk you on your posterior the first time.

BTW, if you want to see Reed doing "International Dissolve", check out "Palms of Steel, vol 2" a new DVD out soon, possibly as soon as next month.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

LOL shhh its a big fat secret Curtis, geez. I have been busy and wasn't able to really get on line lately. Thank you Curtis for helping Andy out. Its true that is all you need and one additional something. I am sure you have what you need to do it.
I am so excited for you Curtis getting Palms of Steel out. WOOOHOO I cant wait to start practicing.
Guys I saw some of the stuff and if you thaught vol 1 Palms of steel was rockin just wait, My friend Curtis has just taken coin magic to the next level. Smile Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Reed, just a thought....

If we could view you perform your tricks via the web, it could give us a better idea of the tricks and as a side bonus fire us up wanting to purchase the video in order to learn how to do the effects ourselves.

Thoughts?
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I would buy the video because it is GOOD magic, but hey if you do not want to do GOOD magic then don't buy it. I am going to get one as soon as it comes out.

BTW...Curtis and Reed I have been working on a new Internation 3 Fly, but with out special somethings. I would love to talk about it sometime with you two'z.

Corey B.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Corey, that "purist" International threefly sounds inteesting, but not something Reed should be bothered with, he's probably way too busy. Smile So PM me, and let's see what you're working on!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Hey Corey It is to bad Curtis is all the way in the middle of the ocean with beautiful girls in really nice bikinis, all set in a tropical setting. It should be a cold day in hell that we should include him on this wonderful handling you speak of since we only live in the same town you and I. LOL Curtis really has a funny sence of humor. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Quote:
On 2002-09-18 12:47, Spydur wrote:
I would buy the video because it is GOOD magic, but hey if you do not want to do GOOD magic then don't buy it. I am going to get one as soon as it comes out.
Corey B.

I guess I should have applied the question to those who don't have money to buy every video that comes out from every magician.

Think what you will but if I can view someones effects via web I'm going to be more likely to purchase their video over anothers who I haven't seen.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Chess Mess,

I am sorry if I sounded rude. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek saying. I did not mean to say anything rude, I was joking. What I do know is that anything by these two guys( Curtis and Reed) is worth the money and will take a lot of practice.

Corey Burke
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
Well I've got everything except maybe the something perhaps, I'll find out when KB3 arrives next week!

Curtis is Palms of Steel 2 going to be the "Small Coins" magic mentioned at the end of vol 1? Small coins is pretty much all we have in the UK!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Sorry, Andy, the small stuff didn't make the editing cut for Palms of Steel 2, it'll be in Palms 3. (I'm thinking of calling it "DO sweat the small stuff" although that might only make sense to folks here in the States.)

If it makes you feel any better, PoS2 focuses on magic involving "Chinese" coins, which are not in ciculation in any country. (But are, strangely enough, available from Magicsmith)

The routines also require your favorite sized silver coins, so you Brits may have to settle for the usual solution, i.e. using American silver dollars combined with a snide comment about "American excess" in the presentation. Smile

Ciao
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Knucklebusters vol 3 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL