We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito Box differences? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
I am not at all new to magic, but I will sound like a fool when I say that I have never done an Okito Box routine. I was wondering (not asking methods) what the physical difference is between a regular Okito box, a Boston box and say a Slot-box? I am plannign to buy a nice brass (my favorite) set of boxes and I need some info on it. I know I'm new at this website, but i will appreciate any replies. If you wish, you may e-mail me @ magicguy7@hotmail.com
Thanks to all!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I'll be vague here as to not tip things but this might help...

There is a principle involved with all Okito boxes that is the core "move" that makes the boxes work.

An Okito box is exactly as it looks, a little brass box with a lid. It is ungaffed and relies on routining and the core "move" for the magic.

A Boston box is gaffed and cannot be examined, it allows it to look like it is full of coins when it may not be.

A slot box is gaffed but can withstand a casual inspection by a spectator. It has a property that allows it to steal and conceal a coin during the routine - or it can be used like an ordinary Okito Box.
Click to visit:
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Thanks to Dan. Also, I just remembered to ask, What about a Buddha Box?
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Budda is just a brand of box made by Chazpro, its not a "type" of box. It is a bit more decorative than a typical box, nothing functional wise.
Click to visit:
COINAMGIC
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of COINAMGIC
i have this awsome box effect the uses a bosten and on okito box its call loonie bin since iam in canada it uses looonies you can buy then in all sizes roy kupers i think is the makers name he makes good stuff
coins n' card there all good
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Thanks guys. Appeciated Smile
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito Box differences? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL