The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Depression (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
There is one big truth aboout depression "You can´t beat depression, you must survive!". Unfortunately, it´s true.
pasharabbit
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of pasharabbit
If your friend had his leg was broken you wouldn't wait to get him help, when he starts feeling better from treatment, he can start piecing his life together again. I've been there done that. A good book to give your friend or to use for yourself is Feeling Good by Dr. David Burns. It's a great book on dealing with depression. It maybe a bit much for your friend to read if your friend is as depressed as you described, but I recommend this book to anyone who feels blue. Another source is several of the religious charities like Catholic charities offers a fee based scheduled. It can be as little as 5 dollars a session if you friend is unemployed or free. I'd talk him into making an appointment and maybe driving him to his first appointment.
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
593 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Three things to remember when dealing with someone who has depression.

1. You cannot jolly them out of it.
That's not what's wrong

2. When a person with depression said, "I can't do that today" what they really mean is "I can't do that, TODAY." Tomorrow maybe, but not today.

3. Don't treat them differently. If you go out of your way to treat them like they are broke this only reinforces in their mind that like are broken.
magicmanila
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
88 Posts

Profile of magicmanila
I knew someone who suffered from depression, she jumped off a building a couple of months ago. do everything you can before its too late.
PERFORM MAGIC AND NOT "PUZZLES" so the audience wont try to "figure out how its done".

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Depression (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL