The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Book/Video - What's the best? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
Hi. I am wanting to purchase a book or video to start out in coins. Actually, at this point, I'm only interested in tricks with quarters and maybe a video (or dvd) instead of a book.

But I am looking for a video (dvd) that is all complete. What I mean is that it not only shows me several palming and other metholds, but shows me several tricks, and it's something that I can keep going back to and learning more and better tricks as I get better and watch the video more.

I don't want to be the "Quarter King" or anything but if I have one in my hand I want to be able to do amazing things with it.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Priest
"Funk is not something U can buy at the corner store.
It is something that U find deep within Ur Soul!"
.:The One Year Project:. .:Forums:.
Masilon
View Profile
New user
Milan-Italy
53 Posts

Profile of Masilon
Hello,
see the Dan Watkins's product reviews at this address: http://www.coinvanish.com/compare.html

Luca
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
You can't go wromg with Bobo's or Roth.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
You put the restriction that the videos teach you the basics, as well as routines...

When you do that the overwhelming answers you will get are David Roth's videos, the Michael Ammar DVD, and the David Stone videos.

Luca linked my review and chart of those videos.

You're probably not going to get many more videos suggested that meet your quoted criteria above.

Plus, how could you possibly need more information after reading my essay Smile
Click to visit:
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
The choice from the above selection of videos also depends on the kind of coin magic you wish to perform..
the Roth and Stone videos both do an excellent job teaching you the basics, but if you go with Roth you will have the majority of tricks being Seated table routines, and Stone will have most of his being in a standing position...
I like the Standing performance for I am rarely doing any tricks while seated at a table... but everyone is different.
C-Ya
Tom..

By the way Dan, have you heard of the move I described in an earlier post "HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?" I am extremely curious if it is well known or even in print anywhere..
Thx
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2002-09-11 16:03, MAGICTOM wrote:
but if you go with Roth you will have the majority of tricks being Seated table routines, and Stone will have most of his being in a standing position...
I like the Standing performance for I am rarely doing any tricks while seated at a table... but everyone is different.
C-Ya
Tom..

That very thing you just stated is something I address in my David Roth tape reviews. I use a good bit of Roth's stuff and I rarely perform seated. Here is an excerpt from my review:

"One of the criticisms I often read on internet forums is that most of Roth’s routines are seated routines. Most people are looking for routines that can be done standup. Though this statement may be true for some of David’s routines, it is highly unfair to characterize all of the routines this way. The great majority of the routines can be done standing, although, often a table surface is needed to put coins down during the performance. Since David does perform seated, he often uses lapping to clean up at the end of a routine. Though he does use lapping it is not always necessary, one could just as easily hold out and just ditch into a pocket when convenient. I will attempt to point out what routines MUST be done seated in this review, they are a minority."

Quote:
By the way Dan, have you heard of the move I described in an earlier post "HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?" I am extremely curious if it is well known or even in print anywhere..
Thx
Tom Smile

I'll go read it and post a reply in that thread.

Dan
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Book/Video - What's the best? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL