The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » New Gaffed Tiger Decks... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Any views from the masses on the new gaffed tiger decks? I think they are brilliant. They have some real potential if you use them creatively. Anyone who has any interesting ideas fire away... I think they're fantastic!
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
Firebert
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Firebert
Now when you audience accuses you of using gaffed cards, they will be correct. It just doesn't fit my style (Especially at $29.95 a whack). Sorry. I hope you can use them to your benefit. Smile
“Nor is the man enriched, in repeating the old experiments of animal sensation, nor unless through new powers and ascending pleasures, he knows himself by the actual experience of higher good, to be already on the way to the highest."

--Emmerson
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I like the gaffed cards, But I wont be getting them for the 30 bucks a pop. But I do believe some one with a creative mind could get a lot out of them if they wanted to spend the money.
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
It's a fako deck, if you want to use the cards then go ahead, otherwise don't bother. I'm gong to get it because some of the cards look realy cool, and it will be nice to have some double facers and double backers, but it's nothing more than a realy cool fako deck.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
OUCH! $30 is just a major ripoff. I will make my own.
I think that is outrageous for a deck that cant be used on its own.
At least they should throw in some Tiger decks and some documents for that price.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
only4card
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of only4card
For me it is useless. Unless you always use black tiger deck ?!!?
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
I don't know where you folks have been shopping, or maybe we're talking about different decks here, or maybe I truly am one of the world's best bargain hunters. I picked up two differently gaffed decks, the dealer "tossed in" a standard deck (red pips) and the whole bundle was just over $20.00 including shipping.

This was well worth it to me, as the decks were a gift for my husband. He is delighted with the notion of gaffed Tigers, and has spent several hours at the practice table gleefully routining since last week.
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
When I said I think they ar brilliant, I meant I think the pictures and stuff provided are fantastic, I'm not going to use them personally as they would immidiately arouse suspicion, but there's some fantastically macabre cards in there. I might get a deck just to look at them haha. They are pretty expensive, but one deck wont hurt too much Smile I don't think it's TOO much of a rip-off, they spent ages designing the cards and they have put a lot of effort into them.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
Everyone says these decks arrouses suspicion, and I have yet to have people say anything other than, "That's a marked deck." but they said that when I was working with red or blue back bikes. You know what arrouses suspicion in magic? When someone walks up to you with a deck of cards and asks you to pick one. If you are using them in a packet trick then their great, if your using them to accent a trick with your "regular" deck their great, if you buy them and they sit on your shelf for the next millenium they suck, it's simple as that. Everything we do as magicians arrouses suspicion, I work nearly exlusivley with black tigers, and will continue to untill the black vipers come out. The deck doesn't arrouse susspicion, we as magicians do.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
MetalBender, I agree with you. I have never had any problem with specs thinking I was using a trick deck or any thing when using the tiger decks. I think its really how you present them. I cant wait until the vipers come out. I havent even had any one ask about my blue and pink decks that I got at target.
tony4938
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
94 Posts

Profile of tony4938
I don't think the price is that bad really, I mean if you think about it I buy gaffed cards for between 0.76p - £1.00 so when you get 56 cards for $29.95 about £18.00 you can't argue with that.

As for people thinking it is a trick deck, I have come to realise that as soon as you say you want to show them a trick or pick a card etc, they think its a trick deck anyway no matter what type of cards they are! The art of card sleights and manipulations immediately turn a normal deck into a trick deck because of what we can do with them.

Anyway this is all just my opinion, and I will be buying the gaffed deck!

cheers
Tony

Merry Christmas everyone and have a great 2005!
Erik J
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of Erik J
I don't like the gaffed Tigers at all, they looks cool, but if you come up to someone, they maybe want to examine it, the Tigers doesn't look ordinary. But, you can provbablyuse them I you have mastered a frigging invisible deckswitch or so. But, thumbs down for the gaffed tigers here.
This signature is approved by Erik.
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Quote:
On 2004-12-24 07:43, Laughing Otter wrote:
I don't know where you folks have been shopping, or maybe we're talking about different decks here, or maybe ...

Yup, we were talking about different things. Happens.

Obviously, no one is going to use every card offered. But I had decent presentation ideas for three of them right away, so I would think of it as three ten-dollar packet tricks that integrate with a full deck.
The rest would be fun to noodle around with while trying to climb (or break through) that next creative roadblock.
garcia00
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of garcia00
Do you have a link where these are being sold. What are they?
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
They are being sold at http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk or direct from ellusionist.com.

Tony, which gaffs are you paying 75p-£1 for? Even fusion cards are only 50p a pop.
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
Quote:
Everyone says these decks arrouses suspicion, and I have yet to have people say anything other than, "That's a marked deck." but they said that when I was working with red or blue back bikes.

I would say the Black Tiger decks just scream "fake". Regular bicycle cards can be seen in any gas station, grocery, or convenience store. Most people have a deck or two lying around somewhere. But you walking up to someone with a Black Tiger deck will most likely be the only time someone would ever see such a deck and the alarm bells will be ringing.
juggle
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of juggle
I looked at the black tiger deck but eventually decided that the CAJ deck seems to have more possibilities for interesting magic. I would like my deck to look as normal as possible, except perhaps for one or two "gag" cards that the spectator can easily identify as such. The CAJ deck, though, was $20 as well.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
They are cool looking!!! Is anybody using green Bicycles???

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Its too expensive, I'd rather just get a gag deck for bikes
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
BLACK TIGER DECKS THEY SUCK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » New Gaffed Tiger Decks... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL