The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Brett Daniels Manipulation Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hey guys,

I was just watching Brett's montage video on his site and his fakini manipulation is incredible! I am having some hard time working with the flash four, and is curious to know of any ideas to help stealing and presenting the 4 balls without the audience figuring out there is a wire connecting it, any suggestions welcome!

Evan

(p.s if anyone can send me a private email on where Brett's flash four comes from it would be gladly appreciated, IM NOT GOING TO COPY THE TRICK!!!! this is just to get an idea!!)
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Get the "flash climax golf balls" from one of the dealers. It is not expensive and is made by Fakini's. Work out a way to load in and steal out.
Dont go about asking for secrets please regardless of whether you want to copy it or not.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
A very easy AND effective multiplying (ala billiard/golf balls) balls routine using SPONGE balls / no sh--/ with a super easy flash 4 ball climax is described in some of Karrol Fox' writings.
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Evan, McBride goes into detail about the flash four production on his video "World Class Manipulation--for coins, balls and thimbles" Vol. 2. This entire series is a great resource for working with Fakini balls and thimbles.

Also, Tim Wright's video "Balls" goes a little into the flash four production.

I assume you already own a flash four set? If not, I believe Denny and Lee sell them.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Evan,
In a nutshell the flash four is built on msidirection and timing. In essence there is only an unexpected reveal of the prop. You must build a strategy to do that reveal in an effective moment. Good luck.

-Ed
P.S. I also would really recommend the Jeff McBride videos, they will help you beyond your wildest imagination.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The two time I seen Bret Daniels perform the flash four, he used the nesto balls from France. They were the jewel multiplying balls. Very expensive and I believe no longer available. This I witnessed at Abbott's Get Together.

On television Monte Carlo special he used the Makame wooden balls and did a version of a one to four but not the flash four effect. I thought he was very good as this effect is very difficult to accomplish and risky to do on television.

Instructions are included with Karrol Fox's version of the Fakini Flash Four Gimmick. So if you have the gimmick you should have the instructions for the climax effect.
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hey,

I ordered the flash four from hanklee and all that came with it was the box and the flash four itself, no instructions. I got the golf climax so that might make a difference on if it includes instructions or not.

What volume do you reccomend of jeff McBrides ensemble? All of them have great things, but don't want to spend my money on the set giving information on stuff I already know. My dad had access to this hugge course on magic, Academy course or something?? Mustve been 50 volumes, anyways, there was a couple volumes on ball manipulation and that's how I got started, they never got into the flash four but gave detailed explanations on handling, stealing etc. etc.

But if I were to get a video on McBride's stuff I would want half and half. One half on handling the "balls" and one half on ideas to steal change vanish etc. Any reccomendations on which video volume to get would be great!

Thanks for listening to my blabbering:P

Evan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Email me and I can send you a copy of the instructions that came with the original Fakini Finale ball set. The jumbo finale ball does not come with any instructions.
AlmostAmazingJames
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of AlmostAmazingJames
I have gotten the vernet flash fours and all of the "balls" kept falling off!
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Evan, as mentioned in my earlier post above, the Jeff McBride video "World Class Manipulation for Coins, Balls, and Thimbles Vol 2" specifically talks about the flash four production. This volume does build on Vol. 1 however, so it is probably worthwhile to at least learn Vol.1 before moving to Vol.2.
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
For flash 4 productions, the magician will turn to its side and steal the flash 4. but for mr brett daniels, he faced the front and appeared them. wat allows it to come out from the front? is it like an invisible dove harness kinda thing? I need help?
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Just keep practicing with your multiplying balls, and work on timing, you'll figure out where to put the flash four, and when exactly to steal it.

Evan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Think of an open box table instead of a body load.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
Hey hugmagic.,.

seems like a clue.,. "open box table" hmmmm.,. I tot that it was something like a invisible dove harness thingy.,. hmmmm.,. if you noe the method could you pm me? greatly appreciated!!!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I just gave you the method..All it takes is practice, blocking and guts.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
This might be off topic but speaking of Brett's montage I've also seen it and just wanted to know the name of the sleight he used to shoot off cards in the close-up sequence of the montage.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
Hey hugmagic I know what you mean! hahahah finally!!! thank you!!!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Another method, although very hard to learn, is the one taught and performed by shimada that does not use the standard flash 4 gimmick etc. at all. It is really a beautiful production of 4 balls instantly and you can even count and drop each ball into a hat or receptical or you can vanish them back again. He shows this on his lecture videos I have and it is simply stunning to watch.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
Yesh yesh magic4u02! I have the video and ya.,. it is very amazing and also very difficult to do. imagine 2 balls to 8 balls almost in an instant! hahaha!
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
The method Bett uses in the monte Carlo tapes mention above can be found on Shimadas manupilation videos.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Brett Daniels Manipulation Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL