The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cold reading - which book? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Codex Reader
View Profile
New user
TX
69 Posts

Profile of Codex Reader
Explorer beat me to it. But "Quick and Effective Cold Readings” by Webster will give you the quick lines you need for a 2 minute reading as well as setting you up to learn a full reading in the future. It focus' on palm reading so you always have everything you need in your head. There are enough twists and variations to give one reading after another each with a unique charater.
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
For anyone getting into readings, I suggest getting a copy of OORT put out by Philemon Vanderbeck.
As it says on the cover, it's "a collection of twenty essays on the subject of cold reading covering methodologies, techniques, anecdotes, and philosophies..."
This is a great book full of ideas and presentational angles. I especially like the essay on Tooth Reading. You guys have to get this if there are any left.
Good luck!
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4369 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Thank you for the kind words, Marduke. Smile

For those who might be interested in "The Collected OORT," I'm currently out of stock, but will have an expanded edition out sometime next year.

Meanwhile, the quarterly newsletter continues to be published on a erratic schedule. For more information, check out http://www.elementalent.com/oort.htm

Thank you!
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
explorer
View Profile
New user
California
49 Posts

Profile of explorer
While we are on the subject of recommendations, can anyone recommend cold reading audio tapes?

I have the Lee Earle tape which is fine but I would like something a little more meaty.

Wonder Readings has tapes but everyone seems to either love them or find them worthless. With so many diverse opinions on it, I'd rather not shell out $250 to find out which camp I fall in with (at least for now).

I am in my car a lot so tapes (or CDs) work great for me. Any suggestions?
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
(Just so that no one says anything else; I don't have the Earle tape, but I do have Websters and I'm pretty sure it's not meatier. It's a nice intro chatting around the classic Forer reading and that's all.)
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Philemon,

I have "The Collected OORT" and it has inspired me to learn more on the subject.

I know it is more work for you but, could you do a "The Collected OORT 2" instead of expanding the current book?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4369 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Yes... I will be publishing "The Supplemental OORT" before the end of the year which will cover the material from the second year of the newsletter.

:firedevil:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Great! Make sure you do a plug when it is ready.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cold reading - which book? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL