The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Steve Draun's real man's wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paulsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of paulsmagic
Can anyone give feedback about this item? can it be used without palming? quality?
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Why not send the question to Steve. He is a member here but also has his website. http://www.stevedraun.com
I've seen the wallet and it is very good quality and useful as a wallet.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
270 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
Steve sent me his wallet quickly and it arrived in excellent condition.

It looks like a typical bi-fold hip wallet. You can (and I do) use it as a normal, everyday wallet.

It is a loader... not to be confused with a Mullica style wallet. The card appears behind the plastic of the drivers license window.

All in all... a great product and highly recommended.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
I've used one for years. I recommend it. I used mine as my regular wallet until it started to show wear. Now it looks like any old wallet, which helps raise it above suspicion.

Jim
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
This is a fine item. It does require palming, however. Perhaps this is a good reason to master this most useful sleight.

Mike
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
I was wondering, does this require a fold in the card?
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Quote:
On 2005-03-29 17:48, cardman1990 wrote:
I was wondering, does this require a fold in the card?

Nope.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
This is the best ever!!!!!

I absolutly love this wallet...
Gary Kruse
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs
146 Posts

Profile of Gary Kruse
It is good news to hear so many positive reviews for Steve's wallet. It certainly seems like the logical choice in wallets for most of us who do not wear a jacket when friends ask us to entertain them. However, how many of you that recommend the real man wallet have given another wallet a serious try? Please let us know what didn't measure up to Steve's wallet.

Gary
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Will this accomodate Kollosal Killer? Thanks for your guys' help.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use the Real Man's wallet. I also use the Professional Card to Wallet by Randy Wakeman when I have a jacket on. I also use "The Twins" for Simon Lovell's "Packed Wallet" effect.

I did not give another hip wallet a serious try becuase nothing looks like a plain old wallet except for the real man's wallet.

Doug Malloy's wallet is a hip wallet but doesn't look as much like one.
Nice routine included with it though.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2004-12-27 12:03, Mike Powers wrote:
This is a fine item. It does require palming, however. Perhaps this is a good reason to master this most useful sleight.

Mike

I found it more difficult to load than the KAPS wallet I used to carry in my inside jacket. The load mechanism is a bit difficult to finese I found. Steve does it with the cop, but I still had difficulty. Mr. Powers, you used to have the Wakeman wallet on your site. Is that what you use?

Thnaks.
~Joe
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-03-29 23:48, Frank Starsini wrote:
I use the Real Man's wallet.
Doug Malloy's wallet is a hip wallet but doesn't look as much like one.
Nice routine included with it though.

Frank, I'm currently speculating re a motivation to go south with the card without taking out the backpocketwallet at the same time..

The routine with the Malloy wallet has a good reasoning re removing the stapler, but I don't want to do the staple thing and want do use the hip pocket wallet more straightforward..

Any idea anybody, what one could use as an *excuse* to insert the card, and at the same time bringing forward -and announcing beforehand with a *I need a XXX* 'something'?

Replacing the feltpen doesn't work too good, it can, when picking it up with the other hand, take it over with the hand holding the palmed card aso, but still...

What I plan to do is that the spec the moment the card goes south is occupied with something else, like f.ex. shuffling the cards when being in a standup situation without a table..
Bringing forward something and then later taking out the wallet is what I try to work on..just need the reasoning for going south without removing the wallet at the same time..
What I do when using an inside breast pocket wallet is another thing, here I have the motivations ready..

Any ideas ?
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I think that an audience picking up on a dirty hand is due largly to your confidence and skill at misdirection.

I say this because when I was first starting out, I would get busted with a palm all the time...

With practice, and just jazzing with a deck, when you do a card to pocket, they really think it came from the pocket rather than you palmed it...

As such, I just palm the thing and load as I am taking the wallet out.

During the load I act as if I got caught on my pocket while removing the wallet, and then I immidiantly turn to the audience so they can see my fingertips removing the wallet cleanly from my pocket, and then I procceed with the revelation.

I think that with the correct attitude and confidence, doing a straight palm to your pocket or wallet is no less convincing than actually having it there beforehand.

I can obviously appriciate the difference it makes to magicians and in certain cases laymen that an empty hand goes to the pocket, but I honestly believe that with the right attitude they will not even entertain the idea that you were putting it in as you were taking it out.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Thanx Daegs Smile

Still I'd like to try to load without removing the wallet at the same time, if not for something else, then just to face my own challenge.. (it has been done before as the Malloy solution shows, but I don't want to use a stapler)

I'll figure it out, nevertheless any input re how to solve that 'tiny' problem re 'something' is removed in order to 'load'.

The way you describe is OK.. and it is doable without any problem, especially when you use the ruse of turning a bit to the left (if the wallet is in your right backpocket) to let 'em se the removal..

Don't worry, I'll palm off a card even under heavy fire without getting caught, anybody ever is welcome to challenge me on this Smile -In that case though I don't use a 'normal' one hand topcard palm, but a much better and well covered instant 'action palm'..

Nvertheless, I'd like to solve the premise I stated...to insert the card without removing the wallet at the same time...when later removed, the spec would get it to hold on his palm aso. just to try out something else then just shoving the card inside and removing the wallet..

I'll solve it, but am also interested in the 'excuses' for going south you fellows can come up with..Smile

Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Werner

How about going to your pocket to get a handkerchief with which to wrap-up (secure?) the deck. The effect then is the signed card vanishes from a deck wrapped in a handkerchief and appears in your wallet.

Maybe in place of the handkerchief use a clear plastic zip-lock bag?

I haven't tried any of these> let me know what you think... Smile
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Julie, I don't know Smile , but thanx for the suggestion...

There is nothing wrong with what you propose, to me though it is a bit weird using a hanky in the backpocket or a plasticbag, but as long as I don't have a better idea it's 'the best' so far, at least it IS a solution Smile

Actually I just made up one, but somehow it reflects my strange way of thinking and using props..

Let me explain what the only sensible (to me) thing is, I so far came up with.

Wallet in the backpocket ready.
Black speedmarker (with clip)in the shirts breastpocket.
Red Speedmarker(with clip) in the backpocket.
Deck wherever (other backpocket/shirtpocket/trouserspocket.

Routine:
They select a card and sign it with the black marker on its face.
Get marker back, replaced in breastpocket.
Card inserted in deck, deck shuffled (card controlled to the top).
Question: *Can you shuffle 'a' deck?*
Do a onehandshuffle to occupie their eyes whilst they are answering, keeping the top card on top.
Give them the deck and palm off the card beforehand.
Watch them shuffleing, don't go south yet, but use a bodyposition that hides the palmed card well -don't let the hand drop-, whilst you are intensively watching them shuffling the deck.
Lots of good concealments well known, one can even touch the shoulder of a spec on the right of you, asking him to watch the other guy -on the left shuffling- and get him to bent over a little aso. aso. lots of possibilities.

Make a guesture with your left hand upwards, forefinger up in a pointing guesture.
This draws attention to YOU and the left hand.
*Oh, I forget something, I also want you to sign your card on the back with another coloured marker, I've a red marker here*.

During this go south and load the card, bringing a red marker forward.

Handle it to him and get the deck back in order to find his card, do so face-up..
Run throught the cards and stop, looking confused aso. aso.
Tell him that if you can't find his card, he'll get a little present aso. aso.
With the empty right go back and bring out the wallet to hand it to another spec to hold..
Hand the deck to the first one and ask HIM to find his card *Maybe the signature is gone off/wiped off and as I don't know your card, it's better you find it yourself..
The rest is clear, he can't find it and the wallet comes into play..
Sorry for the long description, I just got the *extra marker-thought* and figured it out whilst typing..
Maybe it's good for me, as mentioned, I've a twisted mind re how to handle that kind of stuff, have to think about, if I'm entirely over the hill with the above or if it is a usefull handling/idea.
I don't actually know..more thinking and more suggestions welcome..

Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Nice handling Werner. I f you are interested, I can send you some of my thoughts on it.

I guess if you are interested in no palm methods for card to wallet this would be a good time to announce that Sean Bogunia and I are doing a DVD set on Modern Methods for card to wallet... Most of which are no palm. For both jacket and pants pocket wallets. This is just a heads up for all of you.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You could use the hanky to wipe the brow of the spectator
as a comedy bit during their shuffle. as if they're nervous
being put on the spot to shuffle cards in front of everybody.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-03-30 12:43, Doomo wrote:
Nice handling Werner. I f you are interested, I can send you some of my thoughts on it.
Yes I am, pls send via PM..and no-palm methods don't are of interest, sorry.. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Steve Draun's real man's wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL