The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Scratch pads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Hi everyone, has anyone in the UK been able to find a 3"/5" scratch pad of heavy paper, like Richard Osterlind uses for the imp pad. I would like one to hold heavy paper together for the centre tear and to write on as I walk around pre-show.

also- any web sites that sell such things?

thanks for your help, tom.

Its quite picky I know, but I cant find something that works.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I was able to find the exact pads Richard uses (aswell as the same tacky paper for the covers) at a Wal-Mart near me. But since your in the UK I do not know. Just try an office supply store and they should have them.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
freddyz
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of freddyz
Go to your local print shop (in the states, Kinko's is ubiquitous), and bring along a piece of paper the size you want. They will make as many pads for you that you want for minimal cost. They will gum the tops and create cardboard backs for the pads and everything. For a print shop, this is child's play.

You can also have something printed on the sheet - your contact information, a circle, a crystal ball, etc.-- for another fee and have those duplicated, cut, and made into pads.

None of this is highly expensive, and the onetime cost will serve you for many , many performances to come.

Fred Zimmerman
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Richard has the exact pads he uses, for sale on his website.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Thanks everyone, I will certainly look for a print shop suggested by freddyz-that sounds perfect if I can find one! and if not, I will follow Jon's point.
thanks alot, tom.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2004-12-27 19:59, Jon Stetson wrote:

I think those are the Center tear papers. The ones he is looking for is the 3x5" (i believe) scratch pads used for making an Imp Pad.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Quote:
On 2004-12-27 22:00, scott b. wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-12-27 19:59, Jon Stetson wrote:

I think those are the Center tear papers. The ones he is looking for is the 3x5" (i believe) scratch pads used for making an Imp Pad.

I think you may be right.

Contact Richard himself. He is a great guy and always willing to help out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Scratch pads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL