The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Re-Attached (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I too have created a version where it can be signed, but then it isn't Re-Attached. As you know you openly rip the card and s**** it for a con****ed one. To make it sgned, you have to s***** at the beginning so you can rip the card. It isn't being rude, as you have yours, I am allowed my opinion. I think for the T & R principle to be effective, it has to be signed. When I first saw a T & R, I thought it was done exactly like this. Ripped and exchanged for a new one is what I thought. Atleast with signed it gets rid of this thought.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
MagicTaylor
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of MagicTaylor
Quote:
On 2005-06-22 17:35, Chuds wrote:
I too have created a version where it can be signed, but then it isn't Re-Attached. As you know you openly rip the card and s**** it for a con****ed one. To make it sgned, you have to s***** at the beginning so you can rip the card. It isn't being rude, as you have yours, I am allowed my opinion. I think for the T & R principle to be effective, it has to be signed. When I first saw a T & R, I thought it was done exactly like this. Ripped and exchanged for a new one is what I thought. Atleast with signed it gets rid of this thought.

I think if your signed version uses the same methods for restoration as Re-Attached, then it is a modified Re-Attached. that's what makes a T&R routine.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2005-06-22 18:21, MagicTaylor wrote:
I think if your signed version uses the same methods for restoration as Re-Attached, then it is a modified Re-Attached. that's what makes a T&R routine.

If I remember correctly, Re-Attached borrows the first 2 restorations from Hollingworth's routine "Reformation"... I could be wrong though.

Overall I thought "Re-Attached" was good but just not for me. I too come from the school of thought that the card MUST be signed. I also did not like coming back to the deck to restore the card.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Hey there-- I suggest learning Re-Attached as well as others. I get bored pperforming the same routine all the time. I do Re-Attached, Reparation and my own tweaked version of Torn, which I feel is better than the original routine. Re-Attached is a good one to learn for your 1st T&R rotuine-I think.
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
Can any card be uesd can the card be handed out for inspection.
MagicTaylor
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of MagicTaylor
Quote:
On 2005-08-16 01:46, rayg1952 wrote:
Can any card be uesd can the card be handed out for inspection.

I have this trick and yes the card can be handed out at the end. It depends on which ending you use also.

I originally bought this at Magic Notes, but it is no longer for sale there- I saw it as a download at http://www.lybrary.com and if I recall it was the #1 best seller! Great Job Lance! I do have to say that this is still part of my routine and I am very glad I bought it.

Taylor
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Old post but maybe still to date Smile

Interested in buying this but I have a small question :
Of all the version in re-attached, can it be adapted with business cards ?
I read somewhere that you need the deck of cards to complete the trick (so business card won't work of course Smile

Thanks for any help !
Nicolas
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1482 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Maybe you could PM to the creator...? (and let me know afterwards Smile )
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6900 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have the effect. I think this could work for a business card. Can't think of why it wouldn't work.
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
& Basketballer Ontario,Canada
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
Demo is up on http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html also.This looks very good!
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1144 Posts

Profile of Salby
So-- if I already have the 1st version (24 pages) of the book/pamphlet, but would like to get the updated 30 page version, is there a way I can get it free or at least discounted. I really don't want to spend $15+ for something that I know how to do and own 8 tenths of the new book anyway. It is really an awesome trick and I perform it quite frequently. I really want to get to see his rendition of having it signed, though.

Thanks in advanced Smile
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1130 Posts

Profile of APC
I too would like the new version Smile
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
How would Re-attached compare to Torn by Garcia?

Thanks
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Quote:
On 2006-08-16 21:23, Salby wrote:
So-- if I already have the 1st version (24 pages) of the book/pamphlet, but would like to get the updated 30 page version, is there a way I can get it free or at least discounted. I really don't want to spend $15+ for something that I know how to do and own 8 tenths of the new book anyway. It is really an awesome trick and I perform it quite frequently. I really want to get to see his rendition of having it signed, though.

Thanks in advanced Smile

Where did you see a 30 page version?
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
MagicTaylor
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of MagicTaylor
I started this thread a long while back! I wanted to update it a little and give my current thoughts on the trick. I still perform it! I love the trick even more so than when I first learned it. I have also learned a couple other routines including Torn and Ripped and Restored and still prefer Re-Attached to them both-the other 2 are good tricks though, but to me, Re-Attached is better overall and that is the one I will continue performing.

I bought this from Magic Notes, but I guess its not sold there anymore. I found a downloadable version at http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html

I have not bought anything from there before so I don't know their reputation. But Id say give this trick a try- after performing it for 2 years or so its still a keeper!

T
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Re-Attached (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL