We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doc McCoy
View Profile
New user
Santa Rosa, California
16 Posts

Profile of Doc McCoy
I was at the A-1 Convention in Sacramento in 2001 and I watched this young Asian magician perform a coins across routine in the lobby that still blows me away today. It was incredible, and he was the talk of the convention. Did anyone else ever see him? He was from Japan, I believe, and he didn't speak English very well. I can't recall his name, unfortunately, but his trick just killed me and about everyone else. He openly and fairly shows you a coin in his right hand. His left hand is empty. He then simply closes his hands, and makes fists. When he opens his right hand, the coin is gone. He opens his left hand and VOILA, there she be. No fancy stuff, nothing. It's literally that smooth. Any one ever see him, or do you know where this trick can be learned? It's been killing me ever since...
Doc McCoy

www.docmccoy.com
magic@docmccoy.com

"How many people here have telekinetic powers? Raise my hand." ~ Emo Philips
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Could it be Shoot Ogawa? He is an awesome magician from Japan.

Brian Smile
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
From the way you described, it sounds like The Bullet by Masao Atsukawa which can be found in 5 X 5 Japan. Very tough to do though.
Smile
Bernard Sim
Doc McCoy
View Profile
New user
Santa Rosa, California
16 Posts

Profile of Doc McCoy
Thanks, Brian and Bernard. Nope, he wasn't Shoot or Masao. He was a young guy, probably about 18 or so. Pretty new to the magic scene, but he obviously was extremely talented. I remember, in fact, that he got a special recognition for his talent at the dinner ceremony at the end of the convention. If I could just remember his name... Smile
Doc McCoy

www.docmccoy.com
magic@docmccoy.com

TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
Doc He was hanging out with me the whole time I was there. I speak Japanese so we talked alot.

The trick is killer and it is his. He asked me to keep it as safe as possibly. I have only shared it with a few people. One it isn't some thing everyone can do. I talked to Dan about it but he is yet to call...

Oh it is not a bullet move. It is really good.

Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
Doc McCoy
View Profile
New user
Santa Rosa, California
16 Posts

Profile of Doc McCoy
Thanks, Tobias...well, if he ever decides that he wants to share his secret, or give you permission to, please PM me or email me. I'm dying to know! I'm glad someone else in the Cafe had the chance to see his work, too!
Doc McCoy

www.docmccoy.com
magic@docmccoy.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL