The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dice Stacking Cups Questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Quote:
On 2005-01-09 12:52, tabman wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-12-29 12:26, what wrote: I made a dice cup out of a 2.5 inch pvc pipe and lined it with duct tape.

Now that's a cool idea and one that Amazing Johnathan would like for sure but why the duct tape lining???

-=tabman

I actually made 2 cups, one lined with duct tape and 1 not lined. I wanted to see if it was easier to learn with a slick interior, or one with more resistance. I was able to stack with both cups, but prefer the slick (not lined with duct tape) one.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
Quote:
On 2004-12-29 12:32, rikbrooks wrote:
I'd like to see a demo of dice stacking. I've heard a lot about it lately and frankly can't see the attraction. Is there anywhere that I can see someone doing this so that I can see what I'm missing?

There is a pretty cool example of dice stacking in the Hong Kong film "God of Gamblers." The film stars Chow Yun Fat, before he went to Hollywood.

Jim
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
what wrote:

I actually made 2 cups, one lined with duct tape and 1 not lined. I wanted to see if it was easier to learn with a slick interior, or one with more resistance. I was able to stack with both cups, but prefer the slick (not lined with duct tape) one.

Thanks for letting us know. I like a slick cup but you never know what you don't know unless you ask.

Best,

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I have also used a straight-sided beer glass and the bar dice for stacking. Though the glass is clear it is moving so that isn't an issue. It is important to tell the bartender in advance the glass may break, though I have only had it crack, so there probably is no danger there.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Personally, I don't do any of the "magic" when I do dice stacking. I don't do the color switches of the dice and all that stuff, pureley stack, and decapitate. I don't use a very nice cup, but then again, I don't perform is for anyone but my friends/family. I stack and decapitate around 90% of the time, and that isn't goood enough for a performance type setting... I just use normal cups, from a dice stacking pack, no "special" cups.
I guess I am pretty new at this, ya?

Rmax Goodwin
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have not started to decapitate yet. That's one of the harder things.
I like it though.
Paul Gertner's routine is not easy. It's in his book Steel and Silver.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
30 years of stacking and I've never been able to do the "decapitation" move. But that's Ok, I can do other nice things. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Wow! Well, I can do it decently. I hope I have the right move though.

It is when you have a stack of four dice (I can only do four) and one by one you "pick off" the top die with the cup, and as you set the cup down again, the dice are stacked again. Is that right?

Rmax
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yes, that is correct!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dice Stacking Cups Questions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL