The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Clown tux what do you think about this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Ok here my idea. Since I can’t find a tux that would fit me so I figured I would do something different. I would go with a clown tux something that is professionally made for me. Does that sound like something that is a good idea or is that just something that would be bad?
Thanks
Mike
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Mike,
I don't perform as a clown, but I entertain in hospitals with a group of clowns and that got me interested in clowning. I recently bought an excelent clown tux from performancejackets on ebay. It has oversized, baggy, black-and-white checked pants with big red pockets and suspenders. The tux is a modified, regular tux. I think I'll wear it when I perform with the clowns, but I don't plan to do a clown face.

So you might want to look up performancejackets on ebay. You might find what you're looking for.

Oliver
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
What size do you need.
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
I think it depends on your act and where you were performing, Mike. For 90% of the time it would probay come off very well especially if you have some comic lines, but for one of those mysterious type acts it probaby wouldn't fit.
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
Mike you will never know till you try but before you spend a bunch of money on custom duds try to throw together something simple but eccentrick

a vest covered with clowns ,balloons can be had @ clownsupplies.com

change the laces on a pair of shoes to a bright color

suspenders loud and colorfull

tophat with band to match your vest

hope this helps Topper
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Good advice, Topper. A lot can be done with a little. But having an identifiable character will raise the audiences' expectations for the entertainment that is to come. This gets them anticipating a good show. Now all you need to do is deliver a good show and it will seem better to the audience than if you were in normal street clothes.

Oliver
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
It does stand to reason if you dress funny you better be funny.
Dress sharp and you better be sharp.
just as a red nose and big shoes does not make the clown,
eccentrickly dressed magician is not necessarily a comic magician. Adding little bits at a time can ease you into character,work it on an audience and grow it from there.

I have seen this work wonders for me as my character is still a work in progress. I have found little changes in costume can be empowering pushing my personality to new levels. you just have to find what works

Oliver I like the red tailcoat look you had in Boston although I think you should try the performance jackets outfit in your kid show just a thought

Topper
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It's hardly original but neither are Tee-shirts!

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Rhinomax writes: "It does stand to reason if you dress funny you better be funny.
Dress sharp and you better be sharp."

Very good advice!

However, mysticalmike, I'm going to assume that you are funny and known for being funny.

In that case, I think a "clown tux" would be ideal.

For my kids' shows, I wear a purple double-breasted dinner jacket, about four sizes too big. (Be very careful with that: too big is funny; much too big is just sloppy!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Clown tux what do you think about this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL