The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Eclipse Tip Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I see that the eclipse tip comes in medium and large. Can anyone tell me how these sizes compare to the Vernet standard thumb tip? For me, the Vernet is a perfect fit right from the store.
Thanks!
Nicholas
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Nicholas:

There is actually a bit of variation in the Vernet Tips. Try the medium Eclipse tip. I think it will work fine for you. Remember, the tip does not need to fit far down onto the thumb. It should "perch" on the end of it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Thanks, Bill! I appreciate your advice. I'll give medium a try.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
For me, the Vernet tips fit almost perfectly. The Eclipse Tip medium is just a touch larger.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Mike,
Thanks for the added information!
Nicholas
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
One thing you can do if you find that the Eclipse tip is a bit loose, is to either apply a tiny bit of adhesive tape to the inside of the tip. Since the Eclipse tip is softer than the Vernet, it will accommodate the shape of your thumb a bit differently.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

NMaggio
View Profile
New user
Nick Maggio
100 Posts

Profile of NMaggio
Goop is another adhesive that will build up an enlarged area. After curing, Goop ( found in hardware stores in the glue section) will form a lasting, flexible bond. It can be gradually built up to your specific needs.

Nick Maggio
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Good idea!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Thanks, Bill and Nick, for those customization ideas. I may need them. Now, I'm getting anxious to get the eclipse with the DVD. After viewing Magic of the Spheres on Berry's website, I was particularly impressed with the handling. That is the way I would imagine balls would multiply in the hands of a magician...a truly beautiful performance. I have great expectations that I will find something here to improve my own performance.
Again, thanks for the tips.
Nicholas
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Jay Scott Berrys work is very impressive. His video is a real treat.
Magic is fun!!!
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Fabric sticking plaster tape on the inside of a tip is about the right consistency of tape to fill a space and give a grip.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
BlackShadow,
I'm not familiar with the tape you mention. Is it something you use to seal the seams in dry wall...or is it something else. What about flexability, etc.
Nicholas
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
It's the stuff you might use to hold on a medical wound dressing or tape up a cast. It's sold as elastoplast fabric tape in the UK. It's got good holding power on the adhesive, fabric side is designed to be used next to the skin and is sligtly padded and is flexible. It's also flesh coloured so has uses in other different gimmick situations used in the hands where the tape might be on show.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
BlackShadow,
Thanks for the information. It does sound like it could be put to good use for a variety of magic related situations. I will definately look into it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Eclipse Tip Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL