The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Micah Lasher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Anybody have any recent information about this guy? I've seen his book and heard he was at the past Juan Tamariz lecture in New York, but I'm just wondering how his career has developed.

First few pages at google are all just selling his book.
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Josh Jay reports that Micah Lasher has been away from magic, although Josh printed a trick by Micah in a recent MAGIC magazine (I think it was titled "The New York Card Trick" or something like that).

Micah got lambasted by critics when his "Magic of Micah Lasher" book appeared. His dad was a big-shot in the publishing industry and thought it would be a good idea if he used his clout to get his teenage kid a book with his name on it.

Bad idea. It was obvious that the tricks were not really Micah's and he got creamed. I've never met Micah, but from all reports he's a nice guy and a good magician, so this is another case of parents attempting to help their kid and doing just the opposite.

Matt Field
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Thumbslinger:

I once had the same question and did some research. He is now very active in New York City politics. I suspect he will remain a big player either behind the scenes or running for office himself.

Here is a link to learn more
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Thanks for the info guys.
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of smacks183
I went to middle school with micah, haven't heard from him since high school. not sure if he is still involved with magic.
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
I'm in his dad's SYM group in NYC. Micah's a really cool guy and stops in once in a while. He's into finanical stuff now, although still remembers a bunch of effects. Albert Lasher (Micah's dad) was friends with Bob McCallister, who first started the NYC SYM group.

Dave
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Dave/KidMagic87:
What is the NYC SYM group?
Thanks!
Bennett in Brooklyn
Bombadil
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Bombadil
I found this book in a used book store recently and looked up the author. Here is a more recent article (2010) on him in the NY Times titled "Bloomberg’s Man in Albany Is Young but Seasoned" Click here. The article mentions the book.

Craig
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
He is now running for the NY State Senate:

http://www.lasherforsenate.com/meet-micah
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
374 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
The tricks were his or at least had his brand. Sour Heads isn't just a candy.

He wrote it. And whatever his fathers connections, the book deal was well deserved.
javlin5
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of javlin5
I found the book an enjoyable read, and Micah seems like a very nice guy. Good to hear updates!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Micah Lasher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL