The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » "Fanfire" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Anyone used "fanfire" by Michael P. Lair?
How is the fan supplied - paper/cloth??
Anyone?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
LeeAlex you can email Michael and ask him yourself (nice guy to email) if you need his email address please PM me.

To the best of my memory they are paper fans; I've seen the ones that he uses and they are paper, that was about three years ago, so they may be cloth now but I doubt it.

Though I like many of his tricks they are often cheaply made and don't last very long. I've owned several that have made it through about three months of shows and that was taking very good care of them.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
His fans are now very durable, and made of cloth.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22456 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mike supplies the Cloth large Dragon fan currently on the market.

It is not made very well, as you will have to find a better way to attach the wick or keep replacing the tape. The main thing is it is the same as his fire flower and many of his fire items.

You have to "Blow" out the flame. I personnally do not like to blow out a flame on stage. Just me.

It does work as advertised and the price is in line, as the fan can cost almost a much all by itself. So if you want a good fan "plastic and cloth" you get a trick with it. It is an opening trick by the way.

To try to perform it in the middle of your act, would take special routining/staging on our part.

Bill Smile
majura1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of majura1
I just bought fire flower and its the biggest load of garbage I have ever bought. The ribbon is low quality and not hemmed-- so it frays after the first use.
Not to mention how difficult it is to rewind the ribbon. He gives no help or tips on this and it takes at least half an hour just to do that part of the preparation.
I had heard good things about him but this being my first trick I won't be buying anymore.
majura1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of majura1
I agree with you x-treem ---you were lucky to get three months. I despise magicians that sell crappy unprofessional props to us. I would pay more money for better quality that lasts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » "Fanfire" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL