We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalist on German television (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
128 Posts

Profile of Harry Lucas
Hi!

I would have liked to see Thorsten Havener in a different format than the Derren Brown MindControl Specials. Somehow I feel sorry for him, that Sat1 (the TV Station) copied the complete style of the show, even the opening sequence. I thought that there would be some creative TV people out there, but it seems, they just copied it because nobody would know Derren Brown in Germany... So they thought.
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
We have to draw the line...Sat.1 was not interesed to please us Magicians with a ,,new" Magic Tv Show Concept ( sad but no surprise):-). They thought RTL ( other TV Station) had Uri Geller so lets have our own thing and earn some money.Different Magicans were casted for that show but Thorsten got the job.Respect for that!But anyway who cares? There will be a second show in Febuary and then perhaps no more again.

Short teaser:
http://www.sat1.de/tvmagazine/blitz/videos/29924/
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Its all double deutsch to me!! Lol
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
Was it me, or was he actually copying the little nod that Derren does? If that was deliberate, then that really is low.
p.at
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of p.at
And he put his hands on the shoulders of the participant - just like mr. brown does... I agree, the rip off is not cool.
pointStack
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of pointStack
If someone can let me have a copy of this on VHS I can transfer it to DVD complete with menus etc. Any performances in other countries by menatlists known to us or otherwise would be useful to share amongst the group. Constructive critisism is a great way to assess a performance in a group environment like this.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Has anyone checked with Thorsten to get his side of the story?

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Quote:
On 2005-01-04 13:02, JuRim wrote:
They thought RTL ( other TV Station) had Uri Geller so lets have our own thing and earn some money.Different Magicans were casted for that show but Thorsten got the job.Respect for that!But anyway who cares? There will be a second show in Febuary and then perhaps no more again.

Does RTL still show Tuti Fruti? Best gameshow ever devised methinks..
Rabbitless Hat
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Rabbitless Hat
The page for his show on sat1 can be read in translated form (english) here:

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/language/t......kenleser

The translation isn't perfect of course, but it does suggest some interesting claims.

Other languages can look up sat1.de on yahoo and translate. There is an icon for his show on the upper left of their homepage which will also be translated.
"Too much flourish for the magicians. Too much magic for the flourishers."
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
No, Tutti Frutti is no longer shown.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
p.at
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of p.at
I informed thorsten havener about this discussion. maybe we´ll get to know his side of the story

No, we don´t get to know his side of the story...
Memo
View Profile
New user
Germany (northrhine-westfalia)
77 Posts

Profile of Memo
The second part will be send next sunday, same time, same station.
"There have been many claims by magicans and mentalists to the invention of mnemonics; some of the claimants have been world-famous performers - and none of them have a right to their claims!" - Corinda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalist on German television (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL