The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » No. 1571 Demon - What do I have? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
This is an old gimmicked trick in a playing card box titled "No. 1571 Demon Playing Cards Imported". The box has the image of a devil inside a spade pip. Upon closer observation, there is a peek window flap at the lower right of the box.

The cards inside are USPCC Steamboat 999. The cards are glued back to back on their upper and lower halves to adjacent cards and folded in half. As you close one card on its fold, another appears. The whole lot is glued to an unfolded card.

Does anyone know this trick and any history?
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
The Demon name and logo are associated with London's Davenports magic shop, although I am unfamiliar with the specific trick.

Matt Field
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I just ran across on of these decks just now. They are still sealed. On the paper wrapper tht goes around the box, someone wrote A-H. The first card in the sealed deck is a Ace of Hearts. Any new info on this deck? It looks circa 1910.

Thanks,
Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Sounds like a repeat color change? The pip eating spider, perhaps? See Billy McComb's "25 Years Wiser".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » No. 1571 Demon - What do I have? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL