The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Loading an envelope? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wardy2001
View Profile
New user
London
8 Posts

Profile of Wardy2001
Hi people,

Just wondering if anyone out there had any leads on envelope loading? I have a crude version at the moment which involves opening the back end of the envelope and then applying a fake flap (spectator view) to make it look like everything is fine, then you can load the envelope without any problems and fold the real flap back over and seal with a pre-gummed bit of Changin glue.

It works if your careful and theres no-one looking over your shoulder, but I really needed the spectator to open the envelope without me *seemingly* touching it. Any other ideas out there?

Any help would be greatly recieved, thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!

P.S. Just so you know what I'm on about, the envelope is a pay sized one, 68x98mm (or around that size)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
What are you loading into the envelope?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Wardy2001
View Profile
New user
London
8 Posts

Profile of Wardy2001
Hi Bill,

Sorry, should have explained. It's a small piece of folded paper. When folded it is only around 1/2 the width of the envelope . I thought about a slit as in some kind of index system but I want the spectator to be able to handle the envelope, currently, as long as they don't think anything funny is going on they tend not to take any real notice of the outside. But my handling is quite fiddly and as I have mentioned, open to angle problems.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Unless they have to handle the envelope before you load it, almost any of the standard card in envelope techniques will work. If you have the Don Alan book that recently came out, or the Le Paul book, there is a method for making a loader in there that works quite well.

Wardy:

There is a method for doing that in Sheherazade, but you will have to do the first tear on the envelope when you hand it to the spectator to open it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Wardy,

Depending on the routine, you could always NOT load the envelope. If it fits what you're doing, you can either palm the object, reach in and produce it from the envelope....OR.....the old trick of holding it against the back of the envelope and in pretending to take it out, slide it from the back.

-Chris.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The advantage of the method in Sheherazade is that you can actually pour the billet into the spectator's hand. And the move is not fiddly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Loading an envelope? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL