The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » BRS in C4:CapCuts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greengrass
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of greengrass
Hi All

I've just been learning the BRS in C4:CapCuts .. everything was going really well until near the end.

This is going to be really hard to explain but here goes. (Anyone that knows the BRS should know what I mean though 'Hopefully' ;o)))

I end up in a position where I have a packet in between my little finger and middle finger with ring finger on top of the pack (right hand), a packet held by my thumb and index finger of oppersite hands and a packet held in between my thumb and index finger of my left hand.. this packet now has to be taken into the right hand using my index finger and middle finger.

As I already have a packet in between my right middle and little fingers I am finding it impossible to take this last packet using the middle and index.

Could anyone give me some tips or any exercises that I could do to get my fingers to stretch to complete this move.

Many Thanks
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Just Practice my dear boy!!
greengrass
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of greengrass
You always have to get one that has to post just for the sake of posting - If you have nothing constructive to say then don’t bother posting.

A comparison for u.

If I asked a kickboxer that was unable to do the splits to do a vertical side kick, he would be unable to as he doesn’t have the flexibility to do so, until this level of flexibility has been achieved he will be unable to practice suck a kick as it is beyond his limits of flexibility.

Same problem here, my fingers do not have the flexibility when holding the other packets so how can I practice something that is at present beyond my scope, that’s why I asked for tips and finger exercises you muppet.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Yoz greengrass

I have the same problem as u..when I take that packet with my middle and index finger the other packet falls

what I do is I bend the cards, meaning I apply more pressure on the fingers so that the packets are slightly in a n shape. This way I do not need to open my fingers that far apart which I have difficulty doing. hope this helps
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
greengrass
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of greengrass
Thanks for the tip ClouDsss, ill give that a try
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I suggest not to bend the packets, I am sure it wont do too much damage but could in time wreck the deck. I say you take them both and manually place them there. keep them in that position for like 2 minutes, do that like 5 times a day for a day or 2 then practise placing them in position during the move not simply with the other hand.

I don't know how much of a bad idea this is also, but when I got the dvd a while back I would just stretch my fingers with the other hand. Like between each finger apply pressure spreading them apart, continue to push but don't break your fingers. Do the same back and fourth, and side to side. Just press em. I hope you can visualize that and make use of it. I would imagine also that if the hands were too small the moves could be beyond simple practice. But we can do anything we put our mind to, look at cardini.

DJ

and be nice, lmao
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I also believe the post, "just practice" makes total sense, if you continue to do it, it will come, I promise....

DJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » BRS in C4:CapCuts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL