The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » In The Fingers Card Spin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
841 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I know this is an old post - but no-one here has mentioned the fact that it's dependent on the "feel" - it won't work if you have dry skin. I have dry skin. To get round this, I lick my middle finger, and wipe it...not during the effect, but before I ever pick up the deck. I lick the middle finger, point to the deck (forefinger) then pick it up. Talking to mis-direct.
Hope this helps.
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
416 Posts

Profile of kShepher
I have never been able to do this until I watched a great tutorial about it on 52 Cards. Some things are simply better on video, and this is definitely one of them.
kaleel
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of kaleel
I have dry skin too and this helped me a lot. Thank you for the advice.

Mini Militia App Lock
Greg Kiefer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Greg Kiefer
For those with dry skin issues you may want to adopt Harry Lorayne’s suggestion in having a damp towel nearby to moisten the tips of your fingers. This idea has been useful and helps with card handling. It is somewhat better hygiene than licking your fingers, especially in performing for others.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1715 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
The Pirouette is a card flourish that is very popular in cardistry circles.

Your best bet is to check cardistry channels for tutorials that teach it, such as the following:

lotusinhand
Fontaine Cards
Milson Productions
School of Cardistry

More video tutorials for elementary card flourishes suited to beginners can be found here: Video tutorials for beginners in cardistry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » In The Fingers Card Spin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL