The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magnetic finger ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Jim
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dr Jim
Does anyone know if there are magnetic finger rings for purchase?
Brandon Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Louis, Missouri
293 Posts

Profile of Brandon Delgado
I have seen something like what you are decribing. I believe it is called the Elohim Ring, and I have seen it available from Hank Lee: http://www.magicfact.com and The Trickery Magic Shop http://www.thetrickery.com

It is basically a finger ring with a magnet inside it. It is around $65. Hope that helps.

Brandon
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I think there's also one called the "Omega Ring," basically a signet style ring with a magnet on the bottom. I've seen ones with it behind the signet, but that requires you to turn the ring around to use it. This one doesn't have to be rotated, but on the down side, I think the magnet is visible on the palm side.

http://home.att.net/%7Eharlinmagic/omegaring.html
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dr Jim
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dr Jim
Thank you gentlemen!

Jim
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Here's another idea: Buy an inexpensive ring that has an available hollow space under the top area; some rings have them, while others such as wedding bands obviously don't.

Buy a small rare earth magnet from Radio Shack or an online magnet dealer, and hot-glue it in its secret spot, hidden in the ring. When you need the magnet, turn the ring around on your finger. The ring will ideally now look like a wedding band from the front, while the part on the palm side of your hand is available for magnet-requiring effects.

Jerry
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Can You get rare earth magnets from Radio Shack? How big? and if so who will do my job for me as I recover from the severe kicking I give myself.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Elohim Ring is very good, I like it very much. Very smooth and streamlined design. I bought it from Hokus Pokus.
wardia
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of wardia
I agree with Jerdun.
I bought a couple from a Flea Market. I glued one under the signet. The other I flattened the bottom and glued one there with crazy glue.
They both work fine.
Wardia
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
A dremel tool with a metal engraving tool will let you carefully hollow out a spot on the ring and that magnet will be there forever.
I buy my rare earth magnets for my chop cups from a guy on ebay. They are tiny and cost about 18 cents a piece. Yes, you can get them from Radio Shack and they are fine magnets. They cost a LOT more though, still only about a buck a piece.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
For magnets click here
Bernard Sim
Dr Jim
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dr Jim
Great ideas! I like the idea of using an inexpensive ring and a rare earth Magnet.

Thanks
Jim
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
http://www.daytonamagic.com sells the sterling silver magnet rings for $75. Good luck!

Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magnetic finger ring? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL