The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Question about knotty knot by Aldo Colombini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3239 Posts

Profile of warren
Is this rope effect suitable for table hopping and walk around---i.e., can it be reset in the open whilst moving from group to group or does it have to be reset in private?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Warren:

I don't think it would be too good for strolling or table hopping; it does take some setup each time you do it. However, I remember Daryl saying that his favorite table hopping routine if Jumping Knot of Pakistan, which takes almost as much set up as Knotty Knot. He said he does the set up as he walks away from one table and before he approaches another.

Another thing to consider about Knotty Knot: You must be holding the rope with both hands, one at each end of the rope. You can't just take it out of your coat and hold it by one end.

I hope this helps. Knotty Knot is really good, but not for strolling or table hopping IMHO.

Ron
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3239 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for the advice, Ron. That has helped me in my search for some new strolling effects.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Warren,

For a strolling magician, searching out self-resetting tricks will make your day. If you have ever worked in this venue, you know that there is no privacy! Resetting is a bear.

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Question about knotty knot by Aldo Colombini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL