The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Harness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a harness that could go around a bunny to be produced from somewhere? I have heard from a couple magicians, but have seen nothing on the market

Thanks in advance,

Evan
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I have never heard of one per se, but perhaps you could look at the type of harness they have for "walking" cats and other small animals. These are available at local pet shops.

Rob
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Maybe what you are looking for is an animal production "bag". It's not exactly a harness, but it does restrain the animal until the production is made. Is that what you are looking for?

Regan
Mister Mystery
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Haha, funny you should mention that. I bought a nylon bunny bag for my rabbit, (keyword, NYLON!) My little cute little bunny chewed it in half!!! He absolutely hates it!! So I am just finding something different to hold him until production.

Evan
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I have a bag that similar to cavas material for small duck. I guess, I have not used it though, Just found it from the Magic Castle swapmeet. You may want to try that kind of material.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Either that or tape the bunny's mouth shut. Are you feeding that poor rabbit Evan?

:)

Regan
Mister Mystery
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Very funny Mister Mystery:P. I don't think he eats it in starvation, at least I hope not (jk). Where did can you purchase this bag to hold your duck? I think canvas would probably be the best option.

Thanks again for the fast responses!

Evan
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I bought it from one of the magic castle swapmeet. The matrial is not what I bought for but the "release key" was what I after. Smile
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Victor and Diamond have an invisible rabbit harness.
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
That's gotta hurt the bunny?!

Matt
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hey MDS,

Can you PM me on how Victor and Diamond made theirs? I love my rabbit to death, and if he's in a harness being pulled by all his weight I don't want to hurt him.

Thanks,

Evan
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
The harness that V and D have out on the market in my opinion is cruel. It is basically a 1 location connect dove harness on a larger scale. I know someone that uses one and has killed 2 bunnies, but still continues to use the same method. I would stand clear of this and do a bag production. Abbott's has a small livestock bag that is pretty good and is safe or I have a design that I have made that works great as well. PM me if you are interested. It can be made out of just about any color that you want.

<MDS>
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
The Reed sisters have a rabbit harness.
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
kingsnqueens
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
77 Posts

Profile of kingsnqueens
Hi,

Just a thought: "Does anyone read Tarbell anymore?" Thanks
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
The Tarbell series is great, and unfortunately most of the young magicians I talk to don't know what Tarbell let alone magic books in general even are. I've seen these rabbit harnesses and I'd have to agree with MDS. They are cruel and don't even look natural when you try to "pull" them. It looks like you're just jerking some awkward and heavy object out of somewhere, to me it is not magic but rather poor judgement. I don't believe that they are safe for the rabbit and it kills me everytime I see someone try to use them. I saw someone try to use one on a guinea pig type rodent thing once too and I'll just say that they're terrible! It's not magic and it just looks horrible, you can find a safer bag type holder either from Abbott's or by looking them up in the good old books...but what do I know
DANSPERRY.COM
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Abbott's Magic has made small, medium and large live stock bags for at least 40 years. They are very heavy material, like canvass. Contact them for your needs. Nice release to deliver the animal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Harness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL