The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » David Blaine's book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
guitarfreak
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of guitarfreak
I know David Blaine is a street magician but in his book he talks a lot about these kind of unbelivible stunts
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Okay... and?
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
The Blaine "stunts" were first done by Saint Simeon in 760 AD and are well documented and witnessed...
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11968 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Anyone know when Blaine's next stunt will be?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I heard something about him jumping out of a helicopter. But I have no idea when this is supposed to happen.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2905 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
His next stunt will be spending thirty days doing a non-stop oil & water card routine. Actually, it's a fake. The oil & water routine will only seem like it takes a month.

Todd Robbins
levitatingace
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of levitatingace
Apperently it will be called the "dive of death". he said on larry king that he'll jump from a huge hight off a helicopter into water. Man, I'm getting tired of this guy. I don't think his stunt are fake, but I just cant appreciate his magic
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Lev, have you considered not watching? It can be done with practice...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
Blaine's not a great illusionist... but he does know a thing or two about self-promotion!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Cholly, would you name a Blaine Illusion?
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
San Scan: Blaines Illusions are of: Petulence...
Low Key-ishness...Morose...Attitudinal...Depressed Visage...
but is it an Illusion?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
I'm thinking...I'm thinking...
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
The dive of death was meant to take place last year, 4/4/04. He said it was lucky or something like that.

Matt
PS
<<<His next stunt will be spending thirty days doing a non-stop oil & water card routine. Actually, it's a fake. The oil & water routine will only seem like it takes a month.

Todd Robbins>>>

Really!? I heard it was ambitious card.
Ty
View Profile
New user
Canada
10 Posts

Profile of Ty
Uh...he did the London thing...but I don't know if he is doing anything else soon.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Well I dunno about anyone but the title of this post was blaine's book. I read it all in one sitting at Chapters and bought it immediately after. I think it was heart warming.. His stories about his past and how he got where he is. I think people don't stop and think this is the first man EVER to have his own close up special, that's a great achievement all on its own. He has my respect...
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
How does David Blaine become such a well known magician doing magic that is so readily available at any brick and mortar or on-line store? Did he promote himself or was he just at the right place at the right time?
Magic is Everywhere
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
"It aint what you do, its the way that you do it" Smile

Sing along!
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I believe Blaine's next stunt is he will travel to Mexico and eat 10 spicy beef and bean burritos all while washing it down with a pitcher of Mexico's finest tap water and being allowed 0 restroom breaks.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Cheif_Magi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Cheif_Magi
Quote:
On 2005-02-07 19:41, Phil Thomas wrote:
I believe Blaine's next stunt is he will travel to Mexico and eat 10 spicy beef and bean burritos all while washing it down with a pitcher of Mexico's finest tap water and being allowed 0 restroom breaks.

That would be his best stunt yet!!!!!! LOL
~~Chris
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2905 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-02-07 18:47, amerigo wrote:
How does David Blaine become such a well known magician doing magic that is so readily available at any brick and mortar or on-line store? Did he promote himself or was he just at the right place at the right time?

Blaine worked very hard to get what he has gotten. He hustled to be in the right place at the right time to meet and impress the right people.

The bank robber Willie Sutton was asked why he robbed banks. His answer? "That's where the money is." Blaine went out of his way to find the influential people that could further his career and show them something they hadn't seen before. The result was these people opening doors to new opportunities.

If anyone wants to be the next Blaine, all they have to do is do the same.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » David Blaine's book (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL