The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Marvins Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

guitarfreak
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of guitarfreak
There is a new "kit" at Marvins Magic called "Mind BLowing MAgic" with what they call "spectactular effects" anybody have it and is it any good?

Here is a link http://marvinsmagic.com/mind-blowing/index.html
WaterTorture
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of WaterTorture
It intended for people starting magic. The only problem I see is that if you were to perform this stuff in your proffesional engagements, people would feel slightly ripped off.

Of course, if you are starting in magic, then you've just found yourself a buy!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2593 Posts

Profile of John Long
I have bought Energised Coins by Marvin Magic, and was very please with that effect. It's not terribly sophisticated, but was clever, and plays nicely. I plan on coupling it with other methods of getting a coin to penetrate a wine glass.

Although I am not familiar with the contents of this kit, it is sold sold in Toys-R-Us. (as was Energised Coins), and this would indicate that it is simple to perform. How it plays would depend on you.
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
I think it has David Blanes card on other side of window effect, an escapology chain, a rucksack for carrying the items in and a dvd with instructions on the tricks.
It has lots more routines but those are the contents I am aware of
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
689 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
I was at Costco and saw this set on sale for 6 dollars and while I'll never use these effects in any of my payed performances there are some cute beginners tricks that brought back memories. For 6 dollars, I'm not passing it up. It has a bag for you to carry tricks in which they say doubles as a change bag, a very crappy one at that. It has a Svengali deck, one of those boxes where you guess what color and shape they put in after they close it, a chain escape, a paddle move trick using flies, some tricks with their own cheesy fake dollar bills (a paper to money is one of them), a haunted key, a few gags, an instructional booklet and DVD and a couple of other tricks. If you're a beginner and can find it at a fair price, there's no reason not to pick it up, if you're a veteran and can find it for 6 bucks there's no reason not to pick it up either. As for mind blowing? Well, can't blame a fella for trying to sell his product.
Eddie Ivan Torres
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
I bought it for a friend that has been doing magic for 15 years as a gag gift for his birthday. The stuff in it is very poorly made material, goto a shop and spend your money; it would be a much better investment.
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Yeah, I received this as a gag gift from a friend. Needless to say it was very funny. Pretty standard effects with a bad attempt to capture the "street" image.
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of Snidini
A few years ago, I picked up one of his great "suitcase" sets of magic at FAO. It was a very good lot of close up stuff. Are these kits still available? I think there were 3 kits offered. Now I wished I had picked up the other two. I seem to recall that kit 1 sold out very fast.

Snidini
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
My Favourite it's the "Energized coins" I've got it as a souvenir from FISM2000.
It's awesome.
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Justin M. Monehen
View Profile
New user
UK
51 Posts

Profile of Justin M. Monehen
Intersting comments about Mind Blowing Magic. of course the set is a child's magic set and should be viewed as such. Intersted to see views about ' attempts to capture street image' and 'better investments' for 'gag gifts'.
The tricks were aimed at an 8 to 12 year old with little or no interest in magic (i.e. a gift for a beginner). The DVD was filmd and edited/proced animated by an award winning productuion company and, for what it is, is a pretty good set - (I may be slightly biased).

Energised Coin is a great trick and was ironically a well recieved gift at FISM2000. Many magicians approached me after an explanation of the trick at one of the lectures to say how clever it is. Bob Swadling (the inventor) in a genius!
davejesc
View Profile
New user
David Juraschek
83 Posts

Profile of davejesc
Just the same, the blue mini-backpack makes a really nice bag to stow walk-around stuff. I know a guy in my local clubs who does just that.

I picked one up just for the bag.

-Dave
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
A Marvins Magic kit was the first ever magic set I bought, It sucked so bad that it ended up in the toy box in 1 week. I didn't actually get into magic until many years later when I first stepped into a local magic shop.........then my journey began
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I think the Marvin's Magic set is great. It is targeted for kids and hobbiests, but the quality is pretty good. Some of the complaints, (like they included play money for the bills trick) are completely insane... Come on! Do you expect to include real bills? if you like that trick, (and you should because its good) you make the gimmick up with your own bills.
I use the fly paddles in my professional gigs, and get fantastic responses.
benlewis2004
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of benlewis2004
To be fair his adult sets can actually be quite good.
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
153 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
I think that Marvins Magic is the best possible thing we can hope for to encourage youngsters to take up this fantastic hobby. I am sure in 20 - 30 years there will be many professional magicians in the UK who started with Dynamic Coins or something simular.

Rich
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I used to love the Dynamic Coins. Just recently my nephew got them and before he had a go he wanted me to show him them working so he could see what they were like from a specs point of view, and he loves them.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I don't know anything about Marvin's Magic, but I do know that the cheap plastic ball vase, card frame, finger chopper, etc., that I bought at the dime store when I was a kid kindled my interest in magic.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
For 6 bucks? Well worth whatever's in there. Even the bag.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Marvins Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL