The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Mark Wilson's Rigid Rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mageof,

I think Pete is referring to rigid rope.

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1519

Bill Smile

Cheaptrick,

I just looked up the Mark Wilson version, this is a trick that U.F. Grant put out years ago. I was called the Miniature Rope of India. It is only about 2 ft. long, it fit folded in an envelope. It was sold for $2.00. Then later they came out with the Improved Rope of India. This used a solid gimmick. To wind the rope you have to ditch the gimmick.

I think that your problem is you are trying to make it to long. It is not meant to be in an 8' rope.

If you want something this large, Abbott's sells the Hindu Rope trick with a very long rope. It rises and lowers, then you wind it up to show it limp. It does not travel. It depends what effect you want to do.

Bill Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yep. Rigid Rope. What a beautifully made one too. Smile

Kovari Magic in London sells a beauty about eight feet long. Search his web site. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pete,

The Kovari site is down. It will not come up.

Bill
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
Kovari, apparently is alive and well. I got it here. They have a shorter version (Pyjama Cord) for $42 U.S.

This looks like a great site with lots of interesting stuff.

:magicrabbit:
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
I gave up on this one, after trying three different types of rope, it poked through one type and wouldn't slide consistently in the other two.

Just bought EMPIRES RIGID ROPE on ebay for $0.01 and $4.99 shipping for a total of five bucks.

UPDATE: June 13, 2004

Got my new Rigid Rope yesterday, not quite what I expected. It looks good and I will use it.

Think that I am going to NOT give up Mark Wilson's version, because it's quite a different effect. I love the idea of the rope slowly going limp from the top down.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Mark Wilson's Rigid Rope (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL