The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ricky Jay Sleights? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3391 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Nice verbage Tony! Smile Smile Smile

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I love that learned pigs book! It's great!

Ellen
icicular
View Profile
New user
USA
75 Posts

Profile of icicular
Consider Cliff Gallup, legendary guitarist for Gene Vincent. Mr. Gallup was a master of his craft, and perfected the "sound" and "style" of rockabilly guitar. He was, however a notorious recluse and avoided his fans, even refusing to sign autographs. Brian Setzer of the Straycats actually had a RIFLE pulled on him when he attempted to speak with Cliff at his home.

Does this side of Cliff Gallup's personality change his relevance in the history of American Music? Of course not!! (In fact, I think it sort of adds to the mystique)

I think Ricky Jay is the bees knees.
A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B. - Fats Domino
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Atucchi -- You know Ricky well... thanks for your intelligent posts.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-02-22 19:35, Whit Haydn wrote:

The reference was to "Ricky Jay's Big Book of Magic"--the one with Ricky's "Run Rabbit, Run!" routine. There is also no "Ricky Jay's Big Book of Magic Vol 2" as someone else suggested above.

But there is Ricky Jays The Magic Magic Book available here

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/Book......26x%3D44

And you thought Cards as Weapons was expensive.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Ricky has his broadside collection out on tour ,and any web search will turn up plenty of information on him. He's hardly a magician hater, but he does make clear that he has no time for the business that goes on at the Castle, and wants no part of it.

Looking back at Cards as Weapons, one see's that wasn't always true, there's a few pictures of Ricky throwing a card over the Castle roof with some of the local wags looking on, so one can only assume that in the time span between then and now, Ricky has seen things that made him change his mind.

People change, and Ricky has turned from a magician who was interested in history into a historian who happens to perform now and then for a few lucky few.

The fact that he could have sold the 52 Assistants show on Broadway out for a few years but chose to only do a couple of weeks worth of performances, *and those two weeks hold the Broadway record for time taken to achieve a sell-out* only goes to show how badly he wants to get back to his collection, his reading, and his writing.

He's just a part time magician, and I think that's pretty cool.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ricky Jay Sleights? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL