The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vito's bubbles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with Vito Lupo's bubble magic?

Denny and Lee is offering a Vito Lupo kit for $35. It sounds like a cool thing to add to the act.

Here's their description from their website:

Vito Lupo Super Bouncing Bubble Kit

Here is Vito Lupo's own personal
bubble kit. This specially
formulated solution allows for greater bubble longevity. Blow these bubbles and then bounce them on your hands, hold them in your hands, etc. Kit comes complete with bottle of solution, plastic blow tube with, acrylic ball (for changing bubble to solid ball), and a pair of gloves to allow you to actually catch and hold bubbles in your hand!! I highly recommend Vito's Neo-Touch Magic video to see this great effect in action. Audiences love this effect and it is great for close-up, platform, or stage.
<end of blurb>

Question

If you tried this, how did it go over?

Did you have any problems?

Is this a good value?

I have a notion about using the bubbles to transition into a manipulation similar to
the old vaudeville thing they used to do with
eggs only using the fake bubble (or bubbles)instead of eggs. (this hilarious routine is in Hugart's "Magic Manual").

Smile
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
openatlast
View Profile
New user
Shadow of the Castle
74 Posts

Profile of openatlast
There's a product called Catchabubble that sells for around $3. If you don't need a routine and want to just try it out, you may want to start with that. It's available at toy stores and some craft supply stores.
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
Yeah, I was aware of some alternatives, including a product sold by Bed, Bath (and whatever).

I thought I could easily find clear vynl balls that could pass for bubbles, but have had no luck, except for some jugglers balls which were pretty pricey, and too large for ball manipulation.

Thanks for the reply

Smile
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Cheaptrick,

If it is from Vito Lupo, it's good. Period.

I wrote about the catch-a-bubble in one of my posts, but it is a far cry from the kit you described. The acrylic ball (they are NICE) and the special blow tube - try to put those together yourself! With Vito's kit, not only are you getting quality materials, but also moves by a master magician. I don't know what the gloves are about - but, it sounds like you would be getting some tips on special handling of the bubbles - from someone who won at FISM with an act that featured bubbles. All in all, I would trust the buy if for no other reason than Vito has put his name on it.

pp
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Doesn't Abbott sell a "bubble" multiplying ball set? I haae always been intrigued by the thought. However, Denny was out of them about a month ago and I have not heard about them since.
Marty Kaplan
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
I think Paula is right.

The setup is only $35, and has some special gloves, and other stuff to do the effect. I assume it also has printed material.

The video, while undoubedly has a lot of good magic in it is a little pricy ($60)

And the bubbles are only a small portion of the tape.

I had in mind a thing like blowing on the bubble with my bad breath, making it "solid", then going into something like the old vaudeville egg manipulation skit (see
Hugarts Magic Manual).

This is a HILARIOUS schtick, where the eggs (in this case, bubbles) continually come out of the performers mouth and wind up appearing in strange places, etc, etc..

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vito's bubbles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL