The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Illusion storage case materials (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Hey there,
Look in the yellow pages under 'plastics'. Most cities have suppliers that sell all sorts of sheets that work for cases. A lot of time the cases are vacu-formed (thermo plastic is heated to the point of being flexible and then put over a shape with a vacuum pump underneath it which sucks the plastic down over the shape so that the plastic cools into the shape of the object). If you want to just make a square box with the plasitc, you can use a few heat guns or if the piece is not too big, put it in an oven and just bend it over the edge of a table to make a 90 degree bend. You can also get all of the plastic angle at plastic shops and cabinet hardware, piano hinges, Pop rivets and casters at most Home Depots. Good luck,
Damien
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Go to http://www.encore.com

Gary the owner does all the cases for Copperfield, Franz Harrary and others.

G0THIKE
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
That is the wrong case. This is the right one
http://www.encorecases.com/

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
That's too bad he is not making them anymore, I have one and its great...I would suggest a google search, I did and found at least 3 places to find all types of parts for making cases.
Zaubern Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7389 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is some plastic materials out there that I will have to look up tomorrow that comes in varying colors and thickness. The stuff is not cheap or particulary light but it available. I've got samples sitting on my desk in the office but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

I tried to locate the fiberboard like for the old style cases once but it is very hard to come by. Most of the old case makers have went to the plastic stuff.

I'll dig out the name and post it tomorrow.

There are some other sources for cases made with the plastics. Fibercase isn't bad. Also if you look under show supplies on ebay, you can find some really deals on cases at times. Also look under musical instrument..equipment cases.. Ok..I guess I won't be able to get any more really cheap cases there any more.

I looked up the material. It is called Sinatra (sp). It comes in various thickensses and colors. It can be sawn or rolled and glued on the thinner stuff. I think there was another materials called kortex or something like that.

Check with a plastic supply house or search the ever faithful internet.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Starrpower,

The rails can be purchased from Reliable Hardware in North Hollywood, CA. Here's their number (818)753-8558.

I think I gave this to you in another post. Oh well, old age is setting in.

Pax Mentis
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
adzimme
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of adzimme
Thanks for the THC link. Looks like a good source, I've been looking for this stuff for a while for non magic related projects.
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Starrpower, Penn Fabrication sells all the materials you will need to build your own cases. http://www.pennfabrication.com. They have a factory in New Jersey,Illinois,Houston,and California. Good luck.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I just decided to see if I couldn't bring this thread back to life:

Does anyone know the "proper" way to build a case? I would love to be able to build cases, but don't want to waste money through trial and error (I have better ways of wasting my money). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Illusion storage case materials (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL