The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Thimble Rig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Is the sleight in this trick the same as the three shell game? Is it nessecary to modify the thimbles? Different pea?
Thanks in advance
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Hi foreverriel many of the smae slights with the three shell game the magician can dow tith the set of thimbles and bottle caps... And sea shells. It doesn't matter what you use.

What I feel is needed is a good routine and then several extra moves so you can change the routine when you get the same audience...

I have owrked out a few extra moves with the thimbles that I don't use with the shells. I use a sponge pea with the thimbles and do it on a close up mat. The same as the shells...

Get the Osborn on the shells book and start to work out a routine...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
949 Posts

Profile of Riley
There'a a nice move with thimbles that's tricky to do with the shells. If you're familiar with Johnny Paul's Cups and Balls routine you'll probably know the move I mean!!
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I never thought of using the thimbles for a miniature cups and ball routine as well.

Well I got a few sets of thimbles. I think I'm going to need the book.

Is there somewhere I could see the thimble rig done? I've never seen it I only have a picture in my mind. Not the sleight mind you, I'd like to see the effect.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
In essence, the effect and method is the same as the Shellgame, only with thimbles instead of shells...
In the old days they used another method/sleight, but it would probably be harder to do, for the same effect.

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Thimble Rig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL