The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » McBride Candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
I purchased the McBride Candle and there was just a small amount of instruction. It's clear enough but I'm sure this thing can be performed much better than how I am doing it. I would really like to see this effect performed somewhere. Does anyone know of a video in which Jeff McBride or anyone else performs this effect?
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
I've had the candle for quite a few years now. I don't use it as I have other apparatus that works much better. PM me and let me know the instructions you have and I'll get mine out and let you know if anything is left out.
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
The candle is on the McBride Double video "the Magic of Jeff McBride" it was but out by L&L I think.
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
I did see on that video there was an effect called the McBride's Super Candle. But wasn't sure if that was the same effect since it's not sold under that name. Are you sure that's the same effect? I don't mind getting the set of video's if it does cover the McBride Candle sold in magic shops.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
The video set mentioned does show the handling of the gimmick, but you still have to buy the candle over and above. It isn't something you'll be able to make yourself, unless you've got the correct equipment (the average person won't).

Kevin
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
There is a small amount of material about it on the International Magic Lecture Video by Jeff McBride. It is available from http://www.internationalmagic.com

Cheers,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Ok great, thanks for the info everyone. I do have the effect, just would like to see it performed (I'm more of a visual guy I guess)
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Use the candle sparingly, however. He and Zanadu no longer manufacture them, and the specific type gimmick used is no longer available. If you own it, you know what I'm talking about.

Alex

P.S. If, however, you can find another gimmick, PLEASE PM ME!
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
742 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
"The Magic of Jeff McBride" is also available on DVD. He does show the handling of it and also shows how to use in another routine using a large cloth (if memory serves me well it was an XXL cotton shirt) with the candle underneath and lighting the candle from above the cloth with no harm to the cloth. The candle is still available on some sites. Alex is correct about Zanadu because he died several months ago.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Quote:
On 2005-01-12 15:11, zombieboy wrote:
He and Zanadu no longer manufacture them, and the specific type gimmick used is no longer available.

Well crud that's no good.
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
If it's what I think when you say gimmick you can always refill it. Didn't yours come that way? I might be wrong but mine did. Or if it's one of the other gimmicks you can still find them. You might have trouble finding the candle but that would be the only thing I would see as a little hard finding.
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
How much did you pay for the Candle?
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
It was 28 bucks I believe. Somewhere around there.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Not so expensive!
Very good!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Oh, by the way. In the Mystery School book, Jeff details how to make his original McBride's candle, which uses no "gimmick" and a real candle. This is part of the excellent fire/hourglass act that he teaches.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Where to find this kind of book?
It will be great to make a candle by your self.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » McBride Candle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL