We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Troy Hooser's 3 Fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
We can use [^ or [~ or Swadling Coin to describe that gaff without risk of exposure.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-01-11 20:40, GeorgeSantos wrote:
May I know what volume of the Total Destruction 3 dvd set has routines using ] coin ONLY?
That's in Vol.1
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2734 Posts

Profile of John Long
Check out Troy's book Destroyers. It has 3/4 of the stuff that's in the 3-DVD set, and is a good bargain(it is however a little tough to translate words, and 2-D pictures into the actual moves for the newbie)

This book has Extroydinary, which uses a [, and 3 ungaffed coins. It is quite impressive. The book also has

"Three Fly Simplify" - no gaffs

"Redirection Coins Across" - seems like a 3Fly, but haven't gone through all of it yet, no gaffs

a number of routines using a dolphin, ahh, I mean Swadling coin.

and much much more, including "Charming Chinese Challenge".
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Daryl has a version. It uses soft coins. I've never seen him perform it, but knowing Daryl, it must be a fooler dooler!
~Joe
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

If you'd like to consider a ] in the context of coins at the fingertips, have a look in Hoffmann's More Magic somewhere around page 160 where the multiplying coins is discussed. Smile It was quite a find when I saw the book in our High School library.
Hardi
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
96 Posts

Profile of Hardi
Quote:
On 2005-01-11 04:42, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Troy Hooser doesn't use a ] at all in any of his DVDs.
You can't use a ] for 3 fly, there is no fast and natural way (AFAIK) of getting it *off* the coin.

Reed McClintock has some nice versions using a ]. Check out his DVD "Reed McClintock's Coin Ovations - Stand-up Coin Magic", for example.

Hardi
Conus
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Conus
Garrett Thomas uses a S**** and FL***** combo for his routines "3 Fly Dream" and "3 gone."
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8694 Posts

Profile of Mb217
JT, in all these discussions about 3Fly (VCA, etc.), what are your thoughts about the many variations that have emerged, most probably from your initial ideas about the affect? I mean, I see variations using flippers, shells, even Mickey Silvers version just using a vanish...Did you imagine all of this would come to be from your first thoughts about all this? Oh, and I forgot all the creative ways of doing it ungaffed. Smile The methods might be different here and there, but the principle always goes back to from whence it came in general presentation. What a seed you planted JT, what a mighty tree you've grown. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

I'm pleased that something I found of interest has also proven of interest to so many others in the community. It's a pleasure to see people exploring the possibilities.

Not many people get to nurture a small garden and find it grown into a field of study or a forest.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Troy Hooser's 3 Fly (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL