The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Doug Henning poster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what Doug Henning's World of Magic poster is worth? This is the poster of Doug floating cross-legged above a field of flowers. I just bought one (posted as an original)on E-bay for $91. I did a search of the internet and couldn't find one to compare the price. It doesn't really matter as I really like the poster and have no intention of selling it. It would be nice to know however if I got a good deal on it and what it is actually worth.
Thanks in advance...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Mitch if you bought it to enjoy. and your happy with it the price etc. then I'll say its money well spent.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

You are absolutely correct. It arrived today and I am very happy with it. I'm taking to be framed tomorrow. I was just suprised I couldn't locate a copy of it anywhere to compare.
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Mitch, I've seen them sell on Ebay from anywhere around $125 to as much as $300, I'd say you got a deal.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Carnegie - Thanks for the info. Again, I have absolutely no intent on selling this poster but was just interested in what it's "worth" was vice what I payed for it. It is a very colorful and cool poster and quite a contrast to my other and much older magic posters. I'm looking forward to getting it up on the wall once the framing is done.
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Mitch,
Forgive me but I misread your original post. When I saw Doug Henning poster I was thinking it was highly collectible Doug Henning Water Torture poster. In regards to the poster of Doug Henning floating with his legs crossed, I have seen this also go for up to $150. It's a beautiful poster for sure and will grow in value over time.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Carnegie - No sweat. I'm still happy with it and the price I paid for it. I have seen his Water Torture poster and I like his World of Magic poster a lot more, in fact I could have bid on the Water Torture poster at the same time. I just think the artwork and layout is better on the World of Magic poster.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Speaking of Henning posters, Does anyone know what the one sheet Magic Show poster goes for? This is the poster, not the common window card.

Thanks,
Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Many years ago, I found some Doug Henning posters in the trash. I ttok one out because it was the only one that didn't have stuff all over it and I eventually got him to sign it. I ended up selling it at a magic swap meet at the VFW in 1977. If I had only held on to it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Doug Henning poster (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL