The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2002 entrée: David Regal » » Not a question about magic! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sauron
View Profile
New user
England
83 Posts

Profile of Sauron
David,

I would like to reiterate the abundance of well-deserved thanks on this forum.

Your answers are an inspiration to us all.

This is more about you than your magic.

If it's not too personal, I would just like to know what non-magic material you read (ha! as if you have the time) and what music you're into. I have an image of you listening to some East Coast stuff (The Eagles et al; I don't know why. And my Cold Reading is crap so I'm probably way off.

Do you listen to music when you're writing and inventing effects? Is there anything in particular that you find is conducive to the Muse?
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
My favorite author is Dickens.

I used to have a huge record collection (5,000 or so albums). That was sold off -now I have a bunch of CDs. Love 60's rock. Big Alan Price fan. Love Soap Opera by The Kinks. Love that Jimmy Eats World hit (which sounds like 60's rock). I really like Lit (I listen to almost no new music, to be honest). Van Morrison is great. The Andy Pratt Resolution album, one of the best. Simon and Garfunkel's Bookends. Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life. I wanted to be a songwriter when I got out of college.

Are The Eagles East Coast?

When I write anything I like silence, though a good book or movie leaves me inspired, as it does everyone.
Sauron
View Profile
New user
England
83 Posts

Profile of Sauron
Quote:
On 2002-09-13 11:48, David Regal wrote:

Are The Eagles East Coast?

No, they're West Coast aren't they! Doh!

Geography was never my forte. I used to think the Falkland Islands were off the coast of Scotland! I forgot to do the "Never Eat Shredded Wheat" or "Naughty Elephants Squirt Water" thing.

Like you, I listen to hardly any new music. There's so much "old" music about to be listened to. 5000 albums???!!! My God, did you have a second property just to keep them in?

Dickens is wonderfully evocotive, although I have a thing for Hardy. So to speak.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2002 entrée: David Regal » » Not a question about magic! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL