The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I get Alliance Gold #18 rubber bands in Canada? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
I bought a pack of #16 AND #19 Alliance Economy bands at the local Office Depot, but I want to upgrade to the Gold bands, and I think the #18 bands would be the best size for me. Unfortunately, I can't find any in town, or even online anywhere in Canada. If anyone out there knows a Canadian source for these bands--or even an American source that will deliver to Canada--I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Travis
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
I buy mine (sz 19) at shoplet. You can get size 18 here:
http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/ALL20185.html

Shoplet is pretty cheap and they ship internationally.
Merry Christmas
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Hmm... I just checked out that link and they say they're not able to ship internationally "at this time."

-Travis
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Office depot, on the web. I think I remember that I saw that they "don't ship outside USA and Canada."
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Unfortunately, Office Depot Canada doesn't seem to have the bands I want in stock, and I can't use the American website to order. It's puzzling...

-Travis
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
Quote:
On 2005-01-13 04:52, travisb wrote:
Hmm... I just checked out that link and they say they're not able to ship internationally "at this time."

-Travis

That's strange. Their shipping section implies that they do INTL shipping. Oh well.
Merry Christmas
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
The way I got them (I live in Belgium, so I had to find a devious way to get them from US), is to ask a friend of mine (living in US) to get them for me and to send them to me. Yes, it is a bit complicated for a box of rubberbands but... if you get a big box, you'll have enough for quite a time.
Jonathan.
That Magic Guy
View Profile
New user
Orlando, Fl
55 Posts

Profile of That Magic Guy
I usually go to the Office Depot and buy a few packs of Brites and take out the yellow ones. Check out this link. http://www.rubberband.com/products/product.asp?prodID=50
Mark,
That magic guy
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
I looked at the Brites, but there was no indication on the package of what the quality was (by which I mean where they would fit in Alliance's grading scheme).

I e-mailed Alliance, and they have yet to respond. Apparently, Camirand Academy of Magic in Quebec sells some kind of rubber band, but I'm not sure what exactly it is that they're selling. I guess they're next on the list.

-Travis
That Magic Guy
View Profile
New user
Orlando, Fl
55 Posts

Profile of That Magic Guy
The Brites hold up as good as any stardard band. I use the size #19 yellow. They are just like any other size #19 band. They fit in with the yellow Stargazer bands. I keep both on my wrist and am able to swap them out and the spectator never catches on. I have been using them for years and they fit my grading system just fine. At about $1.29 a box, a low investment to see if they will do the job for you.

Mark
Mark,
That magic guy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Where can I get Alliance Gold #18 rubber bands in Canada? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL