The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Boa snake for magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi fellows,

I have boa snake about 7 feet long and 3.4 kg weight. I really want to use it in my act. Pls. if anybody have idea magic using snake I will be very gald to hear it. Some friend tell me how if w use snake for the final laod in the Fountain silks.
Any otehr ideas?
Thank you very much.

Cahyo
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
There was a book released by penn and teller called "cruel tricks for dear friends"....

it teaches you how to cut a snake in half and restore it....

altho it sounds difficult with that huge snake!

digg the look man!...haha..u scare me...in a good way!
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
How about this one, but you do need a good patter and justification...

you have a very innocent looking bunny. you put it inside a mysterious box. cover the box with a black cloth with some ancient writings on it (like the one in your avatar) then after chanting some mystical words you did summon a boa constrictor eating the live bunny!!!!

or you can act as if the serpent is talking to you(ventriquolist) and ordering you to follow his command. and the story goes on....
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
I like that idea of the eating....

Call me tasteless if you WILL!!!
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Woah,
thanks of the eating idea, I think I will think that idea more serious.
Thanks pal. (or at least I can make my boa really eat the bunny...he...he...he.....
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
And I know people are gonna start bashing...maybe....

The snake is not neccessarily an effect but it adds to the mood of the show. Most of amazing magicians do this.

GO for the eating man. (well I would but I LOVE geek effects)....
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
What about an Ashra (sp?) levitation? Maybe saw it in half? Moses had a staff that turned into a snake... think back to origin myths of the serphant in the tree of knowledge... just some quick brainstorming. Good luck
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
NINO
View Profile
New user
Lyons - France
10 Posts

Profile of NINO
Maria Gara does some sexy-comedy stuff with a snake

( her site = http://www.snakebabe.com )
You are what you eat ( Frank Zappa )
aquariusmagic
View Profile
Regular user
England
122 Posts

Profile of aquariusmagic
Hi, Some years ago I used to produce a large rubber snake from a hat at the start of my show, the audience used to gasp momentarily until they realised it was fake. At the end of the show I produced a six foot Indian Python (live) and the reaction was always very good.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I recall a fellow who on TV did dove work and and after vanishing his doves with a Norm Neilsen cage he had a body load with the foulard and he produced a very large live boa. It was cool but is more for stage. Looking again at your avatar Chayo; I would say your snake would make a very entertaining prop.....maybe you could use him in some form of bizarre mentalism routine?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I confess I don't remember who did it, but one of the big name magicians produced his snake from flames using an outdoor Webber type barbeque (sp) modified into a gigantic dovepan. It was neat. A grim idea is a Hobart Meat slicer! <G>
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
That was cool.....I saw it also. forgot the name...
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 13:32, sanscan wrote:
I confess I don't remember who did it, but one of the big name magicians produced his snake from flames using an outdoor Webber type barbeque (sp) modified into a gigantic dovepan. It was neat. A grim idea is a Hobart Meat slicer! <G>
Slim

That performer is a really cute guy with long hair named Steven Lee August. http://www.steveaugust.com
Very creative juggler and a great kisser.

OK, so he’s my husband…

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
How about producing him out of a square circle?
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I think most people would be repulsed by seeing a boa constrict and eat lil' mr. bunny rabbit.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Unless the bunny has a cute name and is showcased as this beautiful fragile thing beforehand...........

Yep I have an evil mind.

Maybe you can bust a penn and teller and make it look kind of realistic but never really harming the animal..if you don't want to get in trouble. Make a joke or a statement on why you are doing it.ALOT to think about my friend...and now I wanna use my idea. Hehe..bummer.

Then you can cut and restore the evil no good snake......same penn and teller concept.

Wow you can really see their influence in my magic. Smile

ying , yang concept anyone.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
On one of the recent Alain Nu specials, Alain performed an effect where spectators choose bags, and the one left was for him. The spectators bags contained stuffed animals - his contained a snake.

I performed an effect like this in the past where the container left for me contained a large albino boa. The effect was based on a "Bank Night" type of routine created by Max Maven and published in "The Linking Ring," October, 1985, titled "For Deposit Only."

Alain's effect is much more direct, but as Max states, "For Deposit Only" "allows for a great deal of comedic interplay between the performer and the spectators."

At the end of the routine I had the spectators who were willing stretch the boa out as they held it.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Anyone who uses a snake in performance should remember not to use or handle it for several days after feeding it. Disturbing a recently-fed snake is likely to cause it to vomit its meal. This makes a real mess.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
It's been a long time since I was a snake handler, but at 7 1/2 pounds, you must have the skinniest snake alive! My cat weighs 23 pounds.
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
BLSmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BLSmagic
I have thought long and hard for several years of how I could use a snake in my show if I ever got one. My long and hard thinking excluded "making the snake appear/disappear" in some way cause that's too easy (duck bucket, large dove pan, break away box, etc.). About a year ago I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have a spectator select a card and return it to the deck, throw the deck in a glass box with the snake and have him find the card by biting through it. I recently asked a guy who works with snakes what it would take to get one to bite down on a card and his answer didn't satisfy me. He said it would be pretty hard to get a snake to do it on command, give or take even several minutes. However, I'm still not giving up on it.

Another idea I had which is similar to the first is, what if you did a card sword routine but instead of a sword, use a snake. Again, the snake has the card in it's mouth.

If worst comes to worst, do a cut and restored snake. Ok, once again, I've overstayed my welcome. :-D

I'll keep thinking.
My screen name has changed to "Bryan Swaringen."

www.BusinessEntertainer.com www.MagicPromoReel.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Boa snake for magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL