The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic touches help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
What kind of performance tips can you give me for it? I have read the booklet a few times, and the "little" routine it has in there isn't working well for me. So I just ask if they believe in ghosts and try to prove they exist. What kind of tips can you give me for the performance and setting the mood beforehand and stuff like that. Anything would be appreciated.
Coming soon... Who knows!
Sauron
View Profile
New user
England
83 Posts

Profile of Sauron
This thread offers some different angles for presentation and might be useful, scheda: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
It helps to research a theme, to the point where if you tell the audience what you discovered, it could be very entertaining by itself. Drama has to be set-up just as much as a joke does. That's why if much mental magic were just done as a quickie, it would fall flat.
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
So with this, I should be researching ghosts ALOT? I think that's what you are saying. I'll do just that until I get a response back, however long it may be. Even if it takes 5-78 years, every second I will be studying ghosts and poltergeists and everything to do with those....

Hahahaha, I just got kicked out of a chat room about ghosts cause I had never actually seen one. lol I went in and said I was doing research on ghosts for a new effect I had. Ididn't tell them what it was called, but anyway, so they kept telling me that I shouldn't be there cause I had never seen a ghost. So eventually they kicked me out for it. I know this sounds rather dumb to you, but I thought it was funny.
Smile
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
No Sheda, this is not necessarily a ghost routine. It is a little routine if you make it such, or a large one, depending on you the performer.

I use PK touches as a PK routine. Not the routine in the booklet. The real secret is the method behind the routine. The routine is simply to give others some sort of structure for themselves. No need to research Ghosts unless you are planning to do seances and such and talk to the dead yourself. Something you can make money with, but can you sleep with yourself at night. I know I could not.

I have used PK touches on TV, many times. I have garnered entire newspaper articles with the method in PK touches. I tell you this because the method is all what you make of it. Each has his own presentation of PK touches. Derren Brown's is scaringly close to what I do with it, considering the fact Derrren had no idea what I was doing with PK touches. I have not seen Marc Salem's, but hear he is doing a great routine with it.

For each thing you read, you need to make it your own. If the story does not fit who and what you are already, it will probably fall flat for you. I have had about 30 or more e-mails from people who have taken the method and applied to another routine altogether, something that fits their style and personality, and that is the way it should be. Most of my work I write is to get you to think for yourself and get you to be yourself.

I responded here to you because I would hate to see you research ghosts for 78 years and still not have it work for you. First before you try any new magic or mentalism, I would try to figure out who and what you are are trying to be as a performer. Then mold ideas and routines to fit your style. Just because you like an effect or method does not mean you should use it if it does not fit who you are trying to be.

Good luck Smile
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Thanks so much for responding, that's cool. I have never had a professional, a well-known one at that, care enough to relpy to something like this.

But anyway, a while ago I did just what you told me to do, figure out what kind of performer I wanted to be, and I like the idea for ghosts in it, it fits well with me. But thanks for the tips; I'll be sure to use them.

The patter I have been using,(I'm too lazy to learn the patter in the booklet, too much to remember) goes something like this, (ask each spectator this)(I normally have 2 or 3 people watching me)"Do you believe in ghosts?" I go around asking each individual this. Normally they say no, so I say "Well, I am going to try to prove to you that they exist" then I have the man close his eyes "Now ghosts are all around us, they are everywhere, although normally you can't see them, but they can be felt, I am going to try to prove this, but first this man must be open enough to feel the ghosts, let's try together to make him open" then I have everyone wave their hands around like I do around the spectator(good misdirection too!) then I finish and tap the other spectator openly on the shoulder, and blah blha blah, the ghosts are real. Both have felts taps on the shoulder.

That's normally something like how I do it. It works for me, but alot of times, it doesn't get the response I'd like to get from it, normally its like, wow both of them felt taps, oh boy.... But there are a few instances. Like, I did it the other day to my best magician friend and his girlfriend, I had him close his eyes for the effect. I performed it, and now he's begging me to tell him how I did it, he has been really confused about it. He loved it. But most laymen haven't found it too intrigueing. That's mainly what I'm asking a little help for, or at least, just see what other people are using, and try to derive things from that.

But again I want to thank you for posting back, that was awsome. And one real quick question while you're here, is the method involved in pk time as "bold" as in pk touches?

Thanks for your time, I'm sure you all are bored to death listening to this by now. Oh and by the way, I have never seen a performance of pk touches, do you know of a place I could find you or anyone else doing it? I would like to see it once. Thanks a lot.
Smile
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
Quote:
On 2002-09-14 23:21, scheda wrote:
Oh and by the way, I have never seen a performence of pk touches, do you know of a place I could find you or anyone else doing it? I would like to see it once. Thx alot
Smile

Perhaps in Banachek's "shaw" Smile
I think Gary Kurtz does it, or something similar (if I believe the ads for the show).
On Derren's Brown Mind control 1, without the ghost stuff, but with a background of scientific experiment with twins ! (he also add something to improve the effect).
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Hey, on Derren Brown's webpage, http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk under the products page, it won't let me access the product page, the answers to that are very easy. I don't know what the problem is. Will somone else try it out and tell me how it goes? Thanks alot.

Smile
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
This is how I would do it. I would put a blindfold on the seated person, and tell her it´s because she needs to be able to relax and slip into the alpha state, where research has discovered it´s easier to experience supernatural happenings. You know the REAL reason for the blindfold.

Mikael
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I would use that, but where I do this is more of the "street" setting, I'm not a street magician, but that is the place I use this one the most. I'm a close up guy. but I may move towards doing some stage with the mentalism, so ya never know...

Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
WRT Derren's site, follow the instructions regarding the password VERY carefully. They threw me for a loop the first time I tried logging in, too, but once I read them carefully, I figured out what I was doing wrong.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
Quote:
On 2002-09-15 16:25, scheda wrote:
Hey, on Derren Brown's webpage, http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk under the products page, it won't let me access the product page, the answers to that are very easy. I don't know what the problem is. Will somone else try it out and tell me how it goes? Thanks alot.

Smile

2 words for each answer
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
Sauron
View Profile
New user
England
83 Posts

Profile of Sauron
I have no problems from my end, promethee.

I typed all in lower case.

Lee
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
One of the things that really will help the effect is to have a spectator who reacts really well. After observing the crowd, notice those who are really getting into what you're saying. That way, when the audience swears that you didn't touch them, they will react to that verbal information.
Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
I've heard that Mr Brown has used Psychokinetic touches in his program Mind Control (I believe with twins). Can anybody give a brief description of 'what happen', and the reactions of the subjects etc?
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand...
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
Quote:
On 2002-09-18 17:57, Lee Davies wrote:
I've heard that Mr Brown has used Psychokinetic touches in his program Mind Control (I believe with twins). Can anybody give a brief description of 'what happen', and the reactions of the subjects etc?

From memory, Mr Brown had two twins seperated by a screen so they couldn't see each other. He then tapped one twin on the arm or shoulder ( can't quite remember where ) and the other swore that they had felt it. He then touched/pinched? one of the twins on their bottom and the other reacted ( but I believe that this wasn't PK touches but something else ).
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
Excuse me,

I don't know PK Touches.

I love Banachek work, I have PK Time, PK subt., but before I buy PK Touches I need 2 details :

* If I use PK Touch in a show (and if I understood well the effect) a single person will feel a "strange touch" on his body.
But can we do this, so that the rest of the public don't see the method ?

* Does it requires a lot of pre-show work ? Because I think it could be a good part for one of my current story. But I have other 3 other effects to take care, so if PK Touch requires a big amount of work, in the seconds before it will be done, it will very difficult for me to add this effect to my story.

Thank you for your answers !

See you soon,
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
Mahlstrom
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Mahlstrom
Hi Cendre!

* Neither the touched person nor the audience will see anything.

* There is no pre-show work, no setup, no preparation at all.

hope that helps
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Quote:
On 2002-09-19 12:02, Mahlstrom wrote:

* Neither the touched person nor the audience will see anything.

* There is no pre-show work, no setup, no preparation at all.

Amen! This effect is GREAT if done right. Today, I used alot of what I learned from "wonder words" volume I, and made some new patter to use for pk touches. I'm gonna try it soon, so hopefully, it will work well. From the stuff I used, it should help alot.
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
Thank you for this answer !

I need Pk touch now !
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychokinetic touches help (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL