The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio Candle wicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
I threw away the directions to my candles a while ago. Now my wicks are almost down to nothing. Does anybody have an idea of what to use as replacement wicks?
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Use the wicks for zippo lighters.
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Quote:
On 2005-01-15 17:17, Roy wrote:
Use the wicks for zippo lighters.

Thank you Roy. I will try that.
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
Zippo lighter wicks do work, although they have a thin wire in them to make them easier to thread into the lighter. I found this wire could snag on the silk I was making the candle appear from.
I bought some thick candle wick from a candle making shop and use that. I don't know where to buy it now as the shop I got it from has since closed. The wick is harder to thread than the zippo ones, but doesn't have the wire.
Phil
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Any craft store, such as Hobby Lobby or Michael's, should have the requisite wicks that you need.

Just my $.02 worth.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Thanks to all for the feedback. Right now I am not vanishing it to a silk, so I will try out the Zippo wicks. I vanish it by pretending to eat it and then say I need water and pour some from a loota vase into a cup with slush powder. I can't seem to get a drink to save me. The birthday child saves me through the use of the comedy funnel. Thanks again for all the feedback!
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
I actually wrote an e-mail to Fantsio and he sent me a small amount of wick fo about 6 candles and gave me directions on a differant way to use it. I personally feel that Fantasio is a great person, I mean all I did is asked him what kind of wick is used for the candles and his reply was "What's your address". In about a week I got got a hand written letter and some wick. You should try to contact him, here's his web site: http://www.fantasio.com/ He also has some great props on there.

Best,
Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Go to Fantaiso site! He has it all explained in his faq section there, how to replace the wick. He uses Ronson wicks. Seems no one reads the directions. He has a new method that he thinks reduces the evaporation of the fluid.
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Cheers for that wmhegbli I'll take a look too!

Tom
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Yeah Zippo Lighter is very good.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Thanks to all for the advice. I did find the directions and there is nothing about the wick replacement so I will visit his site and contact him. I have his candle and his appearing cane and love them both.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio Candle wicks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL