The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Sleights with jumbo sized cards.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
What kind of sleights do you all do with the jumbo cards ? Is it possiable to false shuffle one of those decks? What kind of sleights do you think can't be done with them? I just have some ideas about doing some routines that require basic sleights.

Just curious..
Self concept is destiny..
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Charlier False Shuffle, Double Lift, Elmsley Count, False Cuts, various Forces, Annemann/Christ Alignment Move, Snap over change, Ascanio Spread. These are some of the moves I have tried, and they can all be adapted relatively easy for jumbo card work.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
In my case I have to hold the jumbos I have with my thumb and fingers on the long sides of the cards.
Hindu Shuffles can be used for controls and forces.
Double Lifts and Turnovers.
Elmsley Count.

That's about all I've practiced with jumbos.
JoshEarp
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of JoshEarp
Just to add...

I went to the mall last saturday. My mother went into this Psychic booth (Heh) and asked me to go along with her. She ended up paying 20 dollars just so that she could use her Tarot cards to tell her that she was a worry-wort.

Anyways, I asked to see the Tarot Cards and I performed the snap deal for her, and a lot of other things and I told her that the spirits communicate with me as well through these cards. Very strong presentation. Smile

So, after all that, I ended up getting the money back.

-Josh
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Quote:
On 2005-01-16 11:07, JoshEarp wrote:
I went to the mall last saturday. My mother went into this Psychic booth (Heh) and asked me to go along with her. She ended up paying 20 dollars just so that she could use her Tarot cards to tell her that she was a worry-wort.

Anyways, I asked to see the Tarot Cards and I performed the snap deal for her, and a lot of other things and I told her that the spirits communicate with me as well through these cards. Very strong presentation. Smile

Nice story, but you'll have to tell me what that has got to do with jumbo cards. Where they jumbo tarot cards?!
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
I cant imagine being able to perform snap deal with jumpbo cards........... unless ur hands like 4 times as big as normal ppls hands....
the slights that cant be done are probably things like the classic pass, palming, and such that requires some kind of cover...
I could think of 2 false riffle shuffles that could work, depending on the sutation. try .. .... wut was his name.... urg... ... this item you can even get from penguinmagic.com explanation video it was included in for the emerge triumphant. a very well thought of false shuffle. if you could cmodify that you could definitely do it for jump cards
does anyone know which one I'm talkign about?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
A modified Flushstration Count is common with jumbos, as is an Elmsley Count. If fact, those moves look great with jumbos.
Canvey Card Sharp
View Profile
Special user
Canvey Island Essex ENGLAND
552 Posts

Profile of Canvey Card Sharp
The HAYMOW shuffle is dead easy with Jumbos for keeping the pack in order - and due to their size it looks even fairer than with a regular deck. If you need info on this shuffle PM me by all means.
Barry Allen

A Trick....A Smile....Applause
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Is the HAYMOW shuffle a riffle shuffle or a over-hand type of shuffle ?
Self concept is destiny..
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
246 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
I don't have this dvd but ran across it the other day and so will mention here...Its at Magicwarehouse.com

Jumbo Card Manipulations $31.00 DVD

From France comes F.I.S.M. award winner Cyril Harvey with this astonishing collection of ground-breaking Jumbo card manipulations for stage. Over fifteen Jumbo card techniques carefully explained step by step!

This DVD features the next generation of sleights and routines for manipulators, drawn directly from Cyril Harvey's F.I.S.M. act, in addition to material he regularly uses as one of the busiest stage performers and magic lecturers in Europe.
Arm Concealment
Fan Steal and Throw Fan
Splitting a fan in two
Two hands circular fan
One hand circular fan
S fan
Arm spread
Spinning cards
Series of fans production
Partial back palm card production
Tenkai palm card production
Partial back palm fan production
......and much more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Sleights with jumbo sized cards.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL