The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Opus Magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dan84
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of dan84
Just wondered if anyone has read it. I have the opurtunity to get the complete file but I would like to know if it is any god. One person has said it is anyone else?
Thanks
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Definitely worth getting.

Peter
Alternative Magic
blendobag2
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of blendobag2
Really dull and written by amateurs (in the worst sense of the word) who cannot form an opinion so prattle on mindlessly in a pseudo-intellectual fashion. Definitely NOT worth getting!
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Hmm - JJ, Chris Power and Ian Keeble are all professional magicians (or at least have been, not sure about Chris now).

The thing about Opus is that there are very few tricks in it, but the ones that are tend to be better than the usual. I've been misquoted in a peice that made me look bad, but I'd still recommend it, as long as you enjoy wading through pseudo intellectual prattling Smile

Take care, Ian
dan84
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of dan84
Is there a lot of prattling then???
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I have met Chris on several occasions, and have been lucky enough to see him perform and lecture. I consider him to be a brilliant magician, and to call him an amateur seems to be rather bizzare! Of course this is an opinion, and I respect that everyone has a right to their own views...however having said this, Chris is hardly the person to call bad, amateurish, or prattling!
He is also very funny, I have never read Opus (i didn't realise it was still going), but having read his and JJ's lecture notes, if the magazine is anything like these, then it must be a brilliant publication! His coins through silk is well worth the £10 I paid for them!
owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Opus Magazine (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL