The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Some opinions... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Can anyone tell me their feelings on Dominique's Book "Magie Duviver" ? Also how do you feel on the Cheetah's Handbook for those who own it? I am interested in purchasing both. I am very into Dominique's video's and magic of the likes of John Bannon, Hamman, and Kenner. I like the "new" thinking styles of magic if you will. So can anyone tell me their opinions on those items? Thank you!
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
"New" thinking? Not sure what you mean by that. All the folks you list have been around for many many years...
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
I strongly recommend you use the "search" function of this forum.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
There are good postings concerning "The Cheetah´s Handbook" here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......0&14

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
WaterTorture
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of WaterTorture
Cheetah's handbook is very good. I really enjoyed reading it and will use three or four of the routines from it
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
The Duvivier book, in my opinion, was one of the worst purchases I have ever made. Out of over 20-odd tricks, only about THREE of them used things that are normally found in a magician's case. Everything else was gaffed and required a LOT of work to make. It was, in my opinion, nothing more than a dealer's catalogue with the directions included as I doubt many of us could make many of the items in that book ourselves.

Your mileage may vary, but I felt that I had been thoroughly ripped off when I finally read it.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Thanks for the info Lee, that seemed to be the general consensus. His magic does seem to be a bit "gaffy" if you will. Although, the gaffs seem to be worth it as shown in his videos and in printing...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Some opinions... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL