The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dan Fleshman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Is anyone using Dan Fleshman's Close-Up Chinese Linking Ring routine? How much of a difference is there from Yanagida's version or others? I would like to add that effect to my arsenal.

Thanks,

Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Jack:

I have the Fleshman video and the Ninja Ring DVD. Dan's routine is very similar but there are some differences. First, he uses no table for his routine; the original routine uses the table for a couple moves. With Dan's routine, you can do it anywhere. Also, I think Dan's routine is a little easier to do - there is the one-handed block link (which is difficult to master), but he's eliminated the table spin-link.

I've often refered to both routines when putting my routine together. It's definitely worth getting.

Ron
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks Ron. I'm going with Dan's version. The fact that you can do it anywhere sells me on it.
Jack Skalon

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Study both, then do what works for you and your style and ability.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Dan does do the table link. In fact he showed me at the SAM nationals that if you spin the ring inside of the two tabled rings, it makes the spin link easier and doesn't let the spinning ring go off of the table.
T.House
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of T.House
I bought Dan's original video of the close-up linking rings and have been doing it ever since. Although he can do the table link, it is not generally part of the routine. His version is shorter and easier than the Ninja rings, from which it is derived. Also, Dan's version is perfect for walk-around or table-side magic.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi:

We may be talking about two different videos. I also have his original video on the Close up linking rings - the video and rings came together. That routine was a no-table routine.

But he has the new restaurant DVDs which contain his linking routine. I haven't seen the DVD, but maybe he's changed the routine and added the table link as twistedace says.

I like Dan's routine a lot, but the Shoot Ogawa routine goes into quite a bit more detail on the specific handlings. Like Pete says, it's helpful to get and study both.

Ron
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I just bought Dan's original video that comes with the rings. The next thing I'll get is Shoot Ogawa's routine. One can never have too much when it comes to magic.
Jack Skalon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dan Fleshman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL