The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Elderly Blues (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I am so glad not to have been the magician at this event. It was a 90th birthday party for my wife's great aunt. Family of all ages from all over the country flew in. Somebody had the idea to hire a magician. If some of you out there think this comes from a movie, I will be the first to tell you it belongs there. This story is hard to believe if you were not there first hand.

The magician was really quite good and entertaining. He worked well with the audience and put on a show that suited both the adults and the kids in the crowd. I enjoyed it. His big mistake was inviting the 90 year old birthday girl on to the stage for a pick-a-card routine. When she went to pick a card, the magician did a reasonabley good job of hiding the strength of her breath. I am sure she had been drinking heavily. Well, she picked a card just fine, but when the magician told her to show the audience, she dropped the card on the floor. "Aw F---" she announced. Once again the magician did a good job of not reacting to such a ridicolous site as a drunken swearing old lady. I don't think he knew whether to laugh or cry. The younger kids were snickering, and some adults (like me) looked embarrased. So she picks up the card and shows everyone and at the magicians suggestion returns it to the deck. I think someone didn't do thier homework on what she likes and dislikes, because whne the magician asked "Is this your card?" (it was) she waved a hand dismissively, said "Who gives a d---" and walked away. Some people just don't care for magic. To his credit, the magician kept his cool and continued as though nothing happened. I am sure he got a few more bookings just for showing such a level head.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Harry Anderson could have used this lady for a million laughs!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
That is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Situations like that build the scar tissue necessary for survival.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Cliff,

You wrote this a while ago and I'm only now responding. I must have been laughing too hard the first time I read it! As Eric said, yes builds up scar tissue and good for the magician for handling it well!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
"And now, we will continue this effect for those who do give a darn!
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Elderly Blues (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL